My first Charvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel...

I traded a peavey t40 for this 575 deluxe with QPs on it. This bass is just so more comfortable than the heavy t40. Plus with the QPs it sounds awesome.

I just read about your acquisition from amimbari on another thread here. T-40s are very cool basses. But yes--VERY heavy. I'm glad you're happy with yours! It's always nice to see another J/C and another J/C bassist!!
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Great looking bass!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDewFKR View Post
        I traded a peavey t40 for this 575 deluxe with QPs on it. This bass is just so more comfortable than the heavy t40. Plus with the QPs it sounds awesome.
        next we will have to see a video, or some soundclips from it
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Thanks guys. LOL not too sure about a video. Im still in the learning process. Dont want to make vid of my noob playing.
          Maybe later though.
          Even though it really doesnt matter. What strings do you guys have on your Charvels?

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
            It's always nice to see another J/C and another J/C bassist!!
            I agree, I'm not a bass player, but I definitely dig the J/C basses, and I enjoy looking at them and reading about them. What year is that? Around 1991-92?
            Nice score, regardless.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks guys. LOL not too sure about a video. Im still in the learning process. Dont want to make vid of my noob playing.
              Maybe later though.
              Even though it really doesn't matter. What strings do you guys have on your Charvels?
              45-105 Alice rounds 26.00 a case of 12. They don't last too long, but for the price eh...who cares...

my TBX gets GHS 45-102 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                I agree, I'm not a bass player, but I definitely dig the J/C basses, and I enjoy looking at them and reading about them. What year is that? Around 1991-92?
                Nice score, regardless.
                Thanks, i believe its an '89

Comment

Thanks, i believe its an '89
                  they started them in 89, yours "could be a 90-91" it is SOooooooo hard to tell with these things.

on all of mine I gave up on the serials, as some make no sense...but no matter what year it is, it still is a nice unit, and will give you plenty of jam-time

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                    they started them in 89, yours "could be a 90-91" it is SOooooooo hard to tell with these things.

on all of mine I gave up on the serials, as some make no sense...but no matter what year it is, it still is a nice unit, and will give you plenty of jam-time
                    When it was made really doesnt matter to me, but its still cool to know. I love this thing man. I cant put it down. Been playing it every chance i get. I just need a better amp. Ive been using some old little amp and its starting to die on me. Probably look on CG for a used Peavey TKO50 or something.

Comment

When it was made really doesnt matter to me, but its still cool to know. I love this thing man. I cant put it down. Been playing it every chance i get. I just need a better amp. Ive been using some old little amp and its starting to die on me. Probably look on CG for a used Peavey TKO50 or something.
                      I started out on a home stereo, so dont feel bad. -- the condensed version of the story:

for almost 3 months in the very beginning I had a Rockman headphone amp, but around that time I had just bought a 86 Kenwood that did about 30x6 50x4 or 100x2. I had pair of speakers hooked up to the 3rd speaker output ( this stereo had front/rear/aux and you could choose any combination ) -- the aux set were 15" radioshack mach 1's, and I used a radioshack 2 channel mixingboard into the stereo...I was in heaven, until I actually bought a real bass amp+cab......so consider yourself lucky you can move yours from room to room before you get something nice where you gotta haul it to a gig.

Comment

I want to get my Sunn 4x12 cab working well...that thing can pump some air and I LOVE the sound (especially when running a jazz pickup through it), but there's a weird and loud rattling from inside it that I want to get rid of. It's a beast, though.

I have liked the Peavey's I've encountered. Their older solid state stuff is really cool. There's nothing quite like them that I've heard. Some day, I want to tr a Trace Elliot amp...might make a really neat dirty channel amp.

Jackson Kelly and a Trace Elliot?
                        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
                        X