Charvel Star Bass on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Star Bass on ebay

well, you don't see one of these everyday!!!

compared to the huge hockeystick head, this thing is "cute", and I sure would love to have that neck with chrome tuners on one of mine.

but not for me @ 1200.00 although Fullers does come up with some rare guitars and basses all the time

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Star-Bas...2em118Q2el1247
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

That's cool!! Man, I love explorers. I don't want any more basses that aren't Explorer-shaped (Kelly, Destroyer, etc). I love those "normal" basses, but I can only strap on the odd ones, it seems. And it looks like that Star wouldn't be Kahler trem compatible. Very awesome find, Mike!!
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

doesn't look quite like an ebony board to me....

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by rps14a View Post
        doesn't look quite like an ebony board to me....

Chris
        It might be the lighting that makes it look lighter. It looks like it has a very fine grain and no skunk tail like on a lot of slices of rosewood, so maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Still looks pretty cool to me.

Comment

fullers is always overpriced for what they have...kinda like Crutchfield for stereos, good catalog to see whats out there, and what retail pricing is, but I'd buy it somewhere else if possible..

If that's the bass I wanted, and had that amount to spend, I would find one in better ( ORIGINAL) condition, not all modified like that one is.

someone just listed a blue 3B Chowder----go get yourself a matched pair.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            fullers is always overpriced for what they have...kinda like Crutchfield for stereos, good catalog to see whats out there, and what retail pricing is, but I'd buy it somewhere else if possible..

If that's the bass I wanted, and had that amount to spend, I would find one in better ( ORIGINAL) condition, not all modified like that one is.

someone just listed a blue 3B Chowder----go get yourself a matched pair.
            How's it modified? Do they normally come with different pickups? I'll bet that Star would look and feel pretty cool the way you play with the instrument flipped.

Damn, Mike. You're the eBay J/C bass king! That bass is in much better condition than mine. The bridge is what bothers me the most on mine right now. The saddles aren't spaced the same as on the stock bridge--the string spacing is wider than it used to be. Some day, that bass is going to get a Kahler bridge of some type (mmmh 6-way adjustability ). At least the current bridge has height and intonation screws that aren't rusted out...

Comment

haha no, there's lots of people who have a J/C collection thats worth more than my house...I'm a "poor" collector

I'll see towards the end what kinda money it's fetching, and if noone's buying it, maybe I can get a deal... who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                haha no, there's lots of people who have a J/C collection thats worth more than my house...I'm a "poor" collector

I'll see towards the end what kinda money it's fetching, and if noone's buying it, maybe I can get a deal... who knows....
                What I mean is that you know the trends, you always know what's up for auction, and you tend to find great deals on the stuff you want.

Good luck. I'd imagine that it'd be tricky to wrestle a Fendervel from anyone for a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
                X