NGD 87-88 Charvel 3B Pearl White!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 87-88 Charvel 3B Pearl White!

Just bought this on the bay and it has a few bumps and bruises and needs wiring work however it is in really great shape and plays awesome! I am a guitar player who loves to have a bass around and I can tell you, I have never played a bass with action this good/low!

Once the wiring is figured out I hope it sounds as great as it plays! (yes I need to clean the fretboard and give it a new set of strings). It also came with the original chainsaw case.

Can anyone give me a lead on a wiring diagram? not sure but it looks like someone put different pickups in it and then threw all the stock stuff back in when they sold it. Everything is there and I could probably figure it out but a diagram would save me 4 or 5 beers!

Here she is:

Found the wiring info! Thanks

Comment

Congratulations, Satch! What a beautiful and well taken care of bass! It really complements your red supersrat. I love 3Bs (have a kinda beat-up blue one myself) I hope yous makes you as happy as mine makes me!
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

congratulations!!!!

yep, I agree with what Chowderhead said........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEDW:IT&ih=013

ya bastard, you outbid me --hahaha...but you know what, I'm happy for you cause I know it went to a good CHARVEL player's home

and I already got enough B series basses..
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
          yep, I agree with what Chowderhead said........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEDW:IT&ih=013

ya bastard, you outbid me --hahaha...but you know what, I'm happy for you cause I know it went to a good CHARVEL player's home

and I already got enough B series basses..
          thanks for being a good sport about it!

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
            thanks for being a good sport about it!
            I actually was gonna put 300 maxbid on it and sell my red 3B, but then said no, and was glad when someone ( you ) outbid me, cause I bought a Dillion EBMM Sterling clone for the couple hundred I was gonna spend on that one.

did you see the white 1B for 400.00? that thing has been relisted 2 times already, and if he dropped it 200 bucks, I'd sell my black 1B and replace it with that one.

Comment

yes I did. And there is another 3B on there for $699

This one needs the wiring repaired (will do that today) and otherwise it is in great shape. I used guitar polish to get the dirt out of any scratches or chips and it looks awesome. The action is really low without buzz, this was a great find.

Comment

yes I did. And there is another 3B on there for $699

This one needs the wiring repaired (will do that today) and otherwise it is in great shape. I used guitar polish to get the dirt out of any scratches or chips and it looks awesome. The action is really low without buzz, this was a great find.
                ya what a goof trying to get the "actual retail price" on a 20 year old common axe---:ROTF: that thing has been relisted 4 times already, but WAIT, when he FIRST listed it it was 799.00.

Comment

That guy'll spend as much money as the guitar's worth on eBay listings...then maybe he'll realize that he can't sell it for that much!

So amimbari--you got another Dillon axe?

What was wrong with the wiring in your 3B, Satch?

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                    T

What was wrong with the wiring in your 3B, Satch?
                    The previous owner got in there and disconnected everything (I assume to change out the pups). Anyway I am on it.....got the diagram from JCF!

Comment

I have never been more pleased at the low action with no fretbuzz from all my B's. Buying anything without checking it out can be a risk, like you I am very pleased.

the following statement is MY opinion only, and is not intended to insult ANY Fender players out here:

This particular series 85-89 MIJ are ( FOR THE PRICE ), are hard to beat for playability. PLUS I don't have to worry about MIK MIA MIJ CIJ, and all the other bullsh**t. Squier you say? haha well even Jackson had the junk Performer series

hopefully you will post some youtube or audio clips somewhere so we can hear it in action

Comment

IT IS ALIVE ! I repaired the wiring and and it works as it should and sounds awesome. Keep in mind, I am no bass player which is why I am even more impressed with this guitar. I have and can play bass but it is always on a borrowed bass. I have played Fenders, Ibanez, Yamaha and even an old Gibson Ripper. This 3B sounds as good or better and plays better than any bass I have ever touched.

Your right Amimbari these are hard to beat!

Comment

The previous owner got in there and disconnected everything (I assume to change out the pups). Anyway I am on it.....got the diagram from JCF!
                          Awesome! I'm curious to see how you make it sound as well!

I have never been more pleased at the low action with no fretbuzz from all my B's. Buying anything without checking it out can be a risk, like you I am very pleased.

the following statement is MY opinion only, and is not intended to insult ANY Fender players out here:

This particular series 85-89 MIJ are ( FOR THE PRICE ), are hard to beat for playability. PLUS I don't have to worry about MIK MIA MIJ CIJ, and all the other bullsh**t. Squier you say? haha well even Jackson had the junk Performer series

hopefully you will post some youtube or audio clips somewhere so we can hear it in action
                          Aren't they just spiffy? Never had to do any truss rod adjustments on my 3B (not like I could, not having the wrench)...but I've never played anything as steady or ballsy, I don't think. They just don't make them like that any more

Comment

for those who like the sharkie inlays, they are kinda plain looking, but I'm not on the stage to impress anybody with anything more than my skill, and the tone of the bass from my amp....period.

hey T, I posted the jetson's themesong USING my 4B today <<< sorry the 3B is at my guitarplayers house. go check out some fun "fast scale practice"

Comment

for those who like the sharkie inlays, they are kinda plain looking, but I'm not on the stage to impress anybody with anything more than my skill, and the tone of the bass from my amp....period.

hey T, I posted the jetson's themesong USING my 4B today <<< sorry the 3B is at my guitarplayers house. go check out some fun "fast scale practice"
                              I couldn't agree more. They sound and feel consistently superb. What more can you ask for?

I like enjoyed it a lot, man! Made me chuckle...but it's really badass at the same time!

Comment

Working...
                              X