Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I walk into this pawn shop today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since the 3B4B's have the same body, I can only say the difference I notice between my 3 and 4 is the amount of sustain between the 2 models but the tone is so close I can't tell a difference - both j2000 ( but the 3 is heavier ).
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
      Wow! That firecrackle looks especially pretty on yours! I am actually quite envious, although it is not an explorer Very nice find, man!

And hey, another Washingtonian JCFer, are you?

Yeah, Im in Mill Creek...I see you are from Kirkistan which must be a suburb of Kirkland....

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        since the 3B4B's have the same body, I can only say the difference I notice between my 3 and 4 is the amount of sustain between the 2 models but the tone is so close I can't tell a difference - both j2000 ( but the 3 is heavier ).

I have this Blue Book of guitars and It doesn't list the 4B although Ive seen it. Do you know what the 4B retailed for?

Comment

1988 only year for the 4.

549.95 1
          649.95 2
          899.95 3
          849.95 4 50 cheaper cause it's a bolt-on

Comment

Nice. I've never seen that purplish color before usually bright reds and yellows and black never THAT color very cool.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
              Yeah, Im in Mill Creek...I see you are from Kirkistan which must be a suburb of Kirkland....
              Yes...just south of Scrotum lake! hahaha The coolest thing I've found in a pawn shop here was maybe a crappy Yamaha Strat guitar...awesome you found that bass in such good condition, bro!
              From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Yes...just south of Scrotum lake! hahaha The coolest thing I've found in a pawn shop here was maybe a crappy Yamaha Strat guitar...awesome you found that bass in such good condition, bro!
                haha pawn shops...we also have 4 of them within a 20 mile radius, and what do they have "in stock"?

a bunch of matsumoku/Tokai...whatever 70's junk that they want 500+ for..:ROTF:

the one up here DOES have a superclean WHITE 1B, but the bastards wont budge on the price 475.00!!!!! you should have seen the look on his face when I said 250.00

and oh ya, at least 20 assorted Fenders for the FenderFreaks....... let those people pay 600.00 for a model they can find on ebay for 300. after all..it is cash and carry, no wait, no shipping fees...is that worth 300 more---you tell me????

Comment

haha pawn shops...we also have 4 of them within a 20 mile radius, and what do they have "in stock"?

a bunch of matsumoku/Tokai...whatever 70's junk that they want 500+ for..:ROTF:

the one up here DOES have a superclean WHITE 1B, but the bastards wont budge on the price 475.00!!!!! you should have seen the look on his face when I said 250.00

and oh ya, at least 20 assorted Fenders for the FenderFreaks....... let those people pay 600.00 for a model they can find on ebay for 300. after all..it is cash and carry, no wait, no shipping fees...is that worth 300 more---you tell me????
                  True...don't think I've ever seen anything I liked at a pawn shop.

Comment

well....every now and then they may get something nice, or at least something you want.....I called the pawnshop inquiring about the white 1B, again and told them I had someone who was selling one cheaper, and I would show them proof of the market value of these things, and to match the price or come close, and I would be down in 20 minutes, and they just said "we have more money in it than that" <<< YA RIGHT they probably gave the poor devil who had to pawn it 100 bucks

Comment

well....every now and then they may get something nice, or at least something you want.....I called the pawnshop inquiring about the white 1B, again and told them I had someone who was selling one cheaper, and I would show them proof of the market value of these things, and to match the price or come close, and I would be down in 20 minutes, and they just said "we have more money in it than that" <<< YA RIGHT they probably gave the poor devil who had to pawn it 100 bucks
                      Aah...there are definitely idiots and douchebags out there.

Like the one who stole my shit yesterday afternoon

Comment

tino did you ever look at the list of threads in the bass section?

you got the last post on like 15 of them :ROTF:

so i'LL let you reply, and then this thread will die --hahaha

ok back to pawnshops..here's what you see 15 of in our pawnshop:

well NO I didn't buy it off a pawnshop, but ya sure do see a lot of these no-namers in there all beat to hell And THEY WILL STILL TRY TO GET 300...

Comment

This 3B I just found is the first guitar Ive bought at a pawn shop, my others were ebay finds. Is that Yuppie Pawn still over in Scrotum Lake?

Comment

oh man, I have! Not often, but every now and then something turns up.

Like:
                            Model 2B - $145
                            Model 2 - $195 (with Gotoh Floyd & Dimarzios)
                            Model 4 - $180 (in need of pickups)
                            Washburn N2 - $350
                            Hamer superstrat (can't recall the model - one of the early 90s Hamer "Slammer series" - pre Slammer by Hamer) $100
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Maybe you get a better selection of stuff around where you live than one can find around Kirkistan That's some cool stuff!

Comment

oh, I totally forgot my US Fusion too! We were holidaying on the coast & I dropped into a local pawnshop (as you do) and there it was. Apparently a lot of the local old guys aren't into Jacksons, and the local kids who liked it couldn't afford it. So the price had dropped from $1600, to $1200, to $980 when I bought it.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X