Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I walk into this pawn shop today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    oh man, I have! Not often, but every now and then something turns up.

Like:
    Model 2B - $145
    Model 2 - $195 (with Gotoh Floyd & Dimarzios)
    Model 4 - $180 (in need of pickups)
    Washburn N2 - $350
    Hamer superstrat (can't recall the model - one of the early 90s Hamer "Slammer series" - pre Slammer by Hamer) $100
    lol, maybe we should start a thread "what does the local pawnshops in your area have to offer"?

p.s. I also had a Hamer Slammer bought out of a pawnshop for around 100 bucks all 3 of these were 100.00 pawnshop finds.

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      lol, maybe we should start a thread "what does the local pawnshops in your area have to offer"?

p.s. I also had a Hamer Slammer bought out of a pawnshop for around 100 bucks all 3 of these were 100.00 pawnshop finds.

The blue plastic bag in your rack above the 4x10 is definitely the crown jewel of your rig

Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
      This 3B I just found is the first guitar Ive bought at a pawn shop, my others were ebay finds. Is that Yuppie Pawn still over in Scrotum Lake?
      Yes it is! Hahaha and just as lame as ever...

tino did you ever look at the list of threads in the bass section?

you got the last post on like 15 of them :ROTF:

so i'LL let you reply, and then this thread will die --hahaha

ok back to pawnshops..here's what you see 15 of in our pawnshop:

well NO I didn't buy it off a pawnshop, but ya sure do see a lot of these no-namers in there all beat to hell And THEY WILL STILL TRY TO GET 300...
      Yeah I'm kinda like that, huh...

Haha very good illustration, Mike
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

that silly plastic bag is STILL in use like 6 months later, it holds some items I would rather not discuss here in there... ( rainy day items ), and it is no longer "laying around inside an empty rack"...plus that rack is my mobile rack so I dont have to lug around 100lbs of amps...heres a pic without the poweramp in it. and NO I don't use that boss distortion, my RP50 distortion sounds way better.

Comment

that silly plastic bag is STILL in use like 6 months later, it holds some items I would rather not discuss here in there... ( rainy day items ), and it is no longer "laying around inside an empty rack"...plus that rack is my mobile rack so I dont have to lug around 100lbs of amps...heres a pic without the poweramp in it. and NO I don't use that boss distortion, my RP50 distortion sounds way better.

That "Gainiac" looks pretty sick, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
            That "Gainiac" looks pretty sick, man!
            that thing still works, and is probably as old as you are ( NO I changed the tube in it a couple times )

Comment

that thing still works, and is probably as old as you are ( NO I changed the tube in it a couple times )
              Hell, man...my Destroyer's almost 10 years older than me! :ROTF:

As far as distortion goes, I found a really cool stomp box--a Marshall Gov'nor. Seems to like basses pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X