No announcement yet.

New (to me) CMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans red pictured, yet not on the list of available colours? ASB has also gone.:think:
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Now that I have had this for a little I find I'm playing it a lot more then I thought I would. These are really good players. Mine is the plain black finish and I don't know if I would get that again if I had a choice. It is really hard to keep clean looking and shows every smudge and spec of dust.

Comment

black is beautiful for sure... but hard to maintain like you said. I have a few black basses that kill me for cleaning, but I use the hell out of them, cause I don't intend to resale them as "new/mint" for any reason.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I think having a bass that looks like you've used it is better than one that's too spanky fresh, you know? I like basses that have seen some love...
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
            Now that I have had this for a little I find I'm playing it a lot more then I thought I would. These are really good players. Mine is the plain black finish and I don't know if I would get that again if I had a choice. It is really hard to keep clean looking and shows every smudge and spec of dust.
            Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            black is beautiful for sure... but hard to maintain like you said. I have a few black basses that kill me for cleaning, but I use the hell out of them, cause I don't intend to resale them as "new/mint" for any reason.

I keep a bottle of Turtle Express Shine and a microfiber cloth... seems to work best with those polyester finishes, not greasy or anything.
            My CS Rhoads Bass that is gloss black always gets the muck really bad, maybe I am just too sweaty!
            Endorsing Artist:
            ESP Basses
            Mesa Boogie Amplification
            EMG Pickups
            D'Addario Strings
            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
            Couch Straps
            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

I bought a black model 1 cheap in un-played condition, and wondered if I should even play it, cause as soon as I did you can now see where my fingers hit the area around the pickups...well too late now to go back ...

my black TBX??? forget about it, that thing has seen thousands of practices and shows in 15 years, but the black is very shiny still ( minus the pickup area ), and I am the same, some polish, and a good cloth keeps it, as well as my other black ones shiny.
              http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                My CS Rhoads Bass that is gloss black always gets the muck really bad, maybe I am just too sweaty!
                Is that the one from the 2009 Namm show?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Is that the one from the 2009 Namm show?
                  No, this is an earlier build, same spec except a Seymour Duncan MM. I am going to put the EMG MM in soon.

From the NAMM Show.. still lusting after that Warrior Bass, or a Warrior Bass in general... Tobacco Sunburst would be nice, or absinth frost... man, I think about this too much!!!
                  Endorsing Artist:
                  ESP Basses
                  EMG Pickups
                  D'Addario Strings
                  Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                  Couch Straps
                  InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                    From the NAMM Show.. still lusting after that Warrior Bass, or a Warrior Bass in general... Tobacco Sunburst would be nice, or absinth frost... man, I think about this too much!!!
                    Same thoughts here too.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Same thoughts here too.
                      Ditto, man. One of those would be sick in those weird frosty swirl paint jobs, I think. Not sure what those are called.

And Mattmarathon--you own a Rhoads? I'd love to see a picture of it!!
                      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                        And Mattmarathon--you own a Rhoads? I'd love to see a picture of it!!

I will post some pics this weekend, been meaning to... but I dont think I have any on my work computer... not saying I spend my work day here
                        Endorsing Artist:
                        ESP Basses
                        EMG Pickups
                        D'Addario Strings
                        Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                        Couch Straps
                        InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Working...
                        X