• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firecrackle Bass Craigslist

I just saw this on the ebay board.

Sweet!

Comment

I think they look so cool....just like the guitar counterparts.

I think if someone local here or even EBAY was selling a 3B crackle for the right price, I would have to get another one, since every Charvel I own is a solid color...
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

That does look cool. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm done with strat-shaped basses. Dig 'em, but rather have crazy pointy stuff

That and I really want a Carvin Mono Block amp...
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

That's indeed a really cool looking bass!!!

Comment

that looks almost exactly like my firecrackle 3b! i paid 450 along time ago! lol
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
              that looks almost exactly like my firecrackle 3b! i paid 450 along time ago! lol
              Did you buy yours around 2005 off of ebay? I remember a firecrackle on there around that time and was thinking about buying it but I was too cheap!!

Comment

hey VAIN1

why don't you just buy it, and have a PAIR of 3B CRACKLES?

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good price for that bass. That's a beautiful finish.

Does the custom shop still do crackle finishes or anything?
                  From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                    did you buy yours around 2005 off of ebay? I remember a firecrackle on there around that time and was thinking about buying it but i was too cheap!!
                    i bought mine way back in the 90s ! and i paid 450 then!

Tino, i think crackle finishes are illegal. Some of the paint guys here might know for sure
                    Last edited by peabuddy; 02-16-2009, 04:04 PM.
                    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                      hey VAIN1

why don't you just buy it, and have a PAIR of 3B CRACKLES?
                      In a perfect world I would....I just can't afford another one right now. My purpose for posting the link was that hopefully one of the guys here on this board would add it to their arsenal.
                      Hey, since Im talking to ya, do you know the proper name for the finish on my cmg?.....Its black with silver glitter in it....its on page 5 of the "post your bass" thread with my others. You are the man when it comes to J/C history so thats why I ask.
                      I also stumbled on to your videos that you make....very cool! Would you consider doing a video to Outkasts "Hey Ya"? You should do it when a goofy mood arises and totally funk it out...jiving and juking and the whole shebang!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                        That sounds like a pretty good price for that bass. That's a beautiful finish.

Does the custom shop still do crackle finishes or anything?
                        I paid $400 for mine (after talking them down $100). From the pics ive seen, they don't appear to be cookie cutter finishes which is cool. The graphic seems to be larger on some and smaller on others if my eyes aren't deceiving me.
                        Id like to know if they retailed for the same as the non crackle 3B's. Amimbari probably knows that answer. Have you seen the blue red yellow crackle? That finish is wild....too wild for me lol.
                        When I got mine, the salesman commented that alot of people had checked it out while on display but were turned off by the finish.....I looked at him and said "Why thats just my type of finish."

Comment

ya vain, yours looks like a blackcherry basecoat, and not that fararri or whatever orange-red, so yours is more subtle and more interesting to look at.

my one model 1 in red is REALLY red, much more red than my 3B red, and that "bright red lava" look eh--if the price was right, and it was local..I'd be showing you all pics of it by now

and oh ya, caught up in the moment, but it would STILL have to have good frets

Comment

Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
                            do you know the proper name for the finish on my cmg?.....Its black with silver glitter in it....
                            well unless they changed the name of it from year to year, it is holoFlake

see for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                              well unless they changed the name of it from year to year, it is holoFlake

see for yourself

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....973&fullsize=1
                              At first holoflake was what I thought it might be but there is no color present in the glitter but silver...Ive tried to make the glitter change color by holding it under light but its always just silver. Thats what makes me think its either defective holoflake or something else....how bout that "Hey Ya" video?

Last edited by Vain1; 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X