No announcement yet.

Jackson Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to find people who want to play with me...no experience playing bass onstage whatsoever, so good thing I'm on the other side of the country from you, jdr.

What sorta stuff do you play? Just for shits and giggles, I wanna see if I can pick it out. I'm an "ear" player...paper has nothing to do with my playing bass!

And thanks for the compliment, jdr! I love it to death!!
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
      I'm trying to find people who want to play with me...no experience playing bass onstage whatsoever, so good thing I'm on the other side of the country from you, jdr.

What sorta stuff do you play? Just for shits and giggles, I wanna see if I can pick it out. I'm an "ear" player...paper has nothing to do with my playing bass!

And thanks for the compliment, jdr! I love it to death!!
      we dont have anything recorded, but if you pm me your email i can send you a track from practice. its metal, not sure what sect as it seems metal has been divided into a million types over the past decade. its got some speed, some thrash, lil death, lil black, i dont know. . . its metal.

oh and amimbari, if you were local we could definitly get somethin goin.
      Last edited by jdr94; 03-20-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        yeah lots of em. too bad none of em could pick up the songs. one actually asked me to tab it all out for him!!WTF!! i can understand needed me to point out certain riffs and what not, but if one cant pick out the majority of the music then that MF is not allowed to play on a stage with me.
        yeah i'm an asshole i know, but no we havent gotten a real bass player yet. wish you didnt live so far. BTW were playing The Money in Rock Hill on may 9th and will be playin up in Salisbury at the 3:15 club on may 29th. with or without a bassist we're playin.
        killer! yea i wish i was closer too. the track you sent me kicks ass ! the band i'm in is playing caveman's in mint hill the 26th
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

see JDR what kind of commotion you caused?.........

you say "your bassplayers your trying out suck", and you get a flood of Jackson-Playing-Bassplayers out here to help you out.

but none of us live up the street from you.

...finding bassplayers who can only jam RHCP or Saliva/Muse/Greenday 3DaysGrace/7Dust/GooGooDolls....etc, is super easy, finding one who can REALLY shred and do what you ask of them with any type of talent IS VERY HARD.

HEY I GOT A GREAT IDEA!!!! --- put 10 grand in my paypal account, and I'll get an apartment near you and pay for a years worth of rent up front while looking for a job, and playing the bass for your band for food, alcohol and rental car fees.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            see JDR what kind of commotion you caused?.........

you say "your bassplayers your trying out suck", and you get a flood of Jackson-Playing-Bassplayers out here to help you out.

but none of us live up the street from you.

...finding bassplayers who can only jam RHCP or Saliva/Muse/Greenday 3DaysGrace/7Dust/GooGooDolls....etc, is super easy, finding one who can REALLY shred and do what you ask of them with any type of talent IS VERY HARD.

HEY I GOT A GREAT IDEA!!!! --- put 10 grand in my paypal account, and I'll get an apartment near you and pay for a years worth of rent up front while looking for a job, and playing the bass for your band for food, alcohol and rental car fees.
            Hahaha you offer a very affordable deal, Mike! That could be a very lucrative business endeavor.

Comment

I'll do it for 5k lol !

Comment

5K? haha divide 12 months into 5000, and you'll be living in the projects at a rent of around 400 a month , not including your other apt expenses.

10K would get me a apt around 700-800 a month which is much more reasonable. ( livable ) without hearing gunshots on the street all summer.

Comment

for 5 k i would stay in my house and drive back and forth! lol but seriously, from what i've heard, they are a kick ass metal band. i would love to get back into that kind of thing. now i'm just playing fairly straight ahead rock BTW, i think rent might be cheaper in nc than pa

Comment

thanks for the kind words peabuddy. is that the charvel you got from me in your avatar pic?

emailed track 1 to amimbari and chowderboots. we sound alot tighter now. the recordings you got were from last year. were waiting on a reliable bassist before we go into the studio. i could play the bass for recording, but to me nothing sounds worse than a guitarist playing bass. only a true bassist can add the magic thats needed.

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                      for 5 k i would stay in my house and drive back and forth! lol but seriously, from what i've heard, they are a kick ass metal band. i would love to get back into that kind of thing. now i'm just playing fairly straight ahead rock BTW, i think rent might be cheaper in nc than pa
                      MAN is this thread getting off topic, but no Rob, we have as much ghetto as any city, and we also have sections where 1 bdrm apts are a grand or more a month......

ROB-Peabuddy- hell I will play ANYTHING..I love metal, but how many metal bassists would even think about playing this?
                      some 50's music to add to my 50's-60's-70's80's jamboree weekend. The bass is tuned to DGCF

or ANYTHING similar to that. I am very happy to play it ALL, and not limit myself to one type or one sound of music, which was necessary for being a studio musician all these years.

DAN JDR- .....okok dude NO MORE songs please, I already got 4 and the extras...let me work on at least 2, and you will see that I maybe able to jump on them as quick as tonight, and surprise you with BassBliss.

I have recorded for many people, and with as much as you have already given me to work with, all I can say is:

I'll dump some bass on that stuff, and IF, IF you like it, start preparing the 10 grand now

and MARTIN, IF I had your KELLY, I would be playing in a wedding band, jamming smooth Jazz on that thing --

Comment

Yea that's the model 2b i got from you. That has become my main bass! Thanks again for the sweet deal. How's the rr you got from joe?
                        AS FOR OFF TOPIC, WHO CARES ! LOL THERE'S ONLY A FEW OF US IN THIS SECTION ANYWAY SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT ANYTHING LOL
                        Last edited by peabuddy; 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's terribly off topic...we're still talking about pointy basses and playing them...

I'm sure that with the preamp that the Kelly has, I could probably get it to work for some background music or something Be careful what you wish for!

Thanks for the tracks, jdr! They're pretty damn cool. It's kinda like pan-metal fusion

Comment

cool glad you liked em. the rr from joe is long gone. i know it took me weeks to reply to this. on the bright side we got a bassist who's picked up most of the songs in one practice. guess you just gotta complain,bitch, and throw fits before fate give you somethin. LOL

Comment

KELLY-KELLY-KELLY-KELLY.....lol

1996 Jackson Kelly Professional Bass. Hard to find, only one of it's kind on Ebay.These type basses are hard to find. The cheap copies don't come close in look or sound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:us

uh, ya SURE it is...hahahaha it IS the only one on EBAY right now, so 3/4 of that IS true!!!!!

you know martin, that yours is FAR superior than that old bolt-on

I didnt know someone made cheap Kelly Copies??? :ROTF:

Comment

i was just thinkin has anyone ever messaged an ebayer over a crazy auction and found out they were a jcf member?

Comment

Working...
                                X