Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
    KELLY-KELLY-KELLY-KELLY.....lol

1996 Jackson Kelly Professional Bass. Hard to find, only one of it's kind on Ebay.These type basses are hard to find. The cheap copies don't come close in look or sound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:us

uh, ya SURE it is...hahahaha it IS the only one on EBAY right now, so 3/4 of that IS true!!!!!

you know martin, that yours is FAR superior than that old bolt-on

I didnt know someone made cheap Kelly Copies??? :ROTF:

Hah! I saw that one...so happy I have this one, man!! Love every inch of it, but I've been having some trouble getting it intonated. Haven't touched it in a while. I have the feeling that everyone who had it before me took it out of the case when they got it, polished it, stuck in the bar, did a couple dives, got bored, then stuck it back in the case for a couple years and sold it. I want to take care of it, but I'll be damned if I can get it set up properly...

Can't beat the sound of those EMGs...talk about versatile. I still prefer DiMarzios, but those things are KICK ASS. Punchy and ballsy like nobody's business...

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
    i was just thinkin has anyone ever messaged an ebayer over a crazy auction and found out they were a jcf member?
    I don't know, man...I'm sure there are some stories out there
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

haha well IF a JCF bass member, like the guitarplayers here list things, I highly doubt that these people are "retards" when it comes to listing items that they already know a lot about, description and pricewise.

( but ya never know )....lol

and Martin, screw around with that thing some more, you'll get it eventually. I'm sure you will have years of enjoyment out of the thing, but be patient!!!

probably right about the open the case play for 5 minutes then store it for years thing, as a few of my charvels looked like they were NEVER played. ( well they do now, but when I got them the action was way high, the intonation was never done, not one scratch near the pups..etc )

I think I said in another thread that I had the choice in 94-95 to get a TBX or a KBX, I chose the TBX cause the tbird shape was more comfortable to hold playing flipped. good thing for you actually cause Rob wanted ME to buy his Kelly before you said you wanted it
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I think that the TBX is a lot cooler than the KBX. The TBX might as well be a CS bass--they are gorgeous and so few and far between. But something about the KBX seems kinda mundane in comparison. That's why I'm so happy this thing landed in my hands.

Normally, I don't have any trouble at all intoning an instrument. I take it slow and carefully and eventually, I find a spot that works for me. But with this one, no matter how I adjust the saddles on some of the strings, the intonation doesn't seem to change at all. It's very disheartening. Because if I could get it intoned and the bridge adjusted properly so that it was comfortable, I would play this bass all the time...

The nut is weird--the slots are cut really far apart from one another and the E and G strings are really close to the edge of the fretboard. Need a new one some day. I might try winding the strings around the backs of the posts (like on thor's cream CS Jackson) and see if I can get the tuning stability any better as well.
        Last edited by Chowderboots; 04-16-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

well kinda updating what I said, you'll have that thing for a long time, and eventually you'll get it. I know it sucks cause you wanna use it a lot NOW, and not "tomorrow", but you not in any hurry between work and school and you do have the other basses to mess around on.

Comment

Word! That bass is NOT going anywhere.

Comment

Another kelly on the bay

and whatever condition this one is in at BIN 269.00 it wont last too long for a KB-pro...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us

so let's see my other post from the guy trying to get 625, and now this one for 269 hmmmmm, which one would I want....????? :ROTF:

Comment

Those are two gorgeous basses!!!

And wow that Kelly is cheap! hahaha

Comment

Working...
                X