cmg with active pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmg with active pickups

Have any of you put active emg pickups in a cmg? I was toying around with the idea lately.

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
    Have any of you put active emg pickups in a cmg? I was toying around with the idea lately.
    I personally never tried it, so I couldn't tell you what it would sound like if you took the EMG-HZ;s out and threw regular ones in there with their kit that comes with it.

BUT, since the preamp parametric settings would be different - ( ex: the bass knob is 10db boost@ 75hz for the emg-hz, the EMG35 one is 10db boost at 50hz ) << numbers are not factual just example.

anyway, I would assume with the same settings on your amp you could still make it sound the same..hell, if you got a couple EMG35's for trial...try it...
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

That's good to know about the eq, I didn't know about that or even consider it. I really like the emg p I have in my other bass and thought this would give me a good chance to try some of their other models. I'm tempted to use a 35p and 35j but I really should try a 35dc and 35cs pair so it's different then my other bass.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
        That's good to know about the eq, I didn't know about that or even consider it. I really like the emg p I have in my other bass and thought this would give me a good chance to try some of their other models. I'm tempted to use a 35p and 35j but I really should try a 35dc and 35cs pair so it's different then my other bass.
        I have the 35P4 and 35J both have square housings in my Tbird, NOT the 35DC's and I'm very happy with them thanks to the 35P4 being a split single coil. ( AND ZERO hum or buzz ), and the 35J also being a singlecoil.

the 2 model "1's" I have are a good comparison, same everything but the pickup. the EMG KILLS for output compared to the passive OEM, but BOTH basses sound VERY similar tonally.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I'm not digging on the EMG HZ bass humbuckers (I think their guitar HBs are pretty killer in their special way), but I have yet to try EMG active HBs.
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
          X