A late introduction and hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A late introduction and hello

Hi all, I'm Matt proud Jackson Bass Player!!! Currently playing a CS Rhoads Bass and a beat up Concert EX... I play in a band called Landmine Marathon, so yeah hello!!
    Endorsing Artist:
    ESP Basses
    Mesa Boogie Amplification
    EMG Pickups
    D'Addario Strings
    Pedaltrain Pedalboards
    Couch Straps
    InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

welcome to the bass-boys area of the board Matt.

in other areas of the bass section is a lot of pics of my Charvel/Jackson flock of basses or I would re-post a few pics here.

We have a member here named chowderboots, that is getting a KellyBass with a KahlerTrem on it in a couple days, so I hope he starts posting some pics of it soon....
    I always said that the term "P/J" bass was important to me...well it IS.

P/J to me has nothing to do with Fender

P = Pointyhead
    J = Jackson

don't EVER forget that when the FenderFreaks are ripping on you
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Hey, Matt!! Welcome!

That's a sick bass...where and how did you get it!?

Haha good one, amimbari! I believe that Ibanez in fact made P/J basses a while before Fender ever started doing so (the original Destroyers, for example).
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Oh man that's a fucking awesome bass!

Comment

Welcome Matt!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, killer bass!
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Matt. That RR bass is a badass!!!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

KICKASS BASS! Hello!

Comment

Welcome! Great Bass

Comment

Thanks all! Yes this bass is awesome.. it is a custom piece has a singe Seymour Duncan MM pickup... may swap it out with a single EMG MM pickup.

I'll get some live shots of my beat up concert ex... I typically take that one on the road (and will be taking it on my band's upcoming midwest/ eastcoast tour) as I am overprotective of the V!!!

Next on the list/ looking for

CS Warrior Bass with Maple Board
                    Concert XL
                    LS

the list grows daily.
                    Endorsing Artist:
                    ESP Basses
                    EMG Pickups
                    D'Addario Strings
                    Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                    Couch Straps
                    InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Welcome. Isn't that the CS Rhoads bass from the last Namm Show? There was a CS Warrior bass there too (ebony board, reverse headstock).

And I like Gehenna too - "Admirion Black" kicks ass!
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That's a kick-ass looking bass!
                        Welcome!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Welcome. Isn't that the CS Rhoads bass from the last Namm Show? There was a CS Warrior bass there too (ebony board, reverse headstock).
                          This is not the Rhoads from 2009 NAMM, I got ahold of this one earlier in 2008 and just absolutely love it... awesome thin neck profile and amazing playability, great balance for a V as well...

yes, I fell in love with that Warrior Bass when I held it at NAMM... only a matter of time and money before I have one!

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          And I like Gehenna too - "Admirion Black" kicks ass!
                          This is the Gehenna from California hardcore/thrash band... not the black metal band from norway... both are good!
                          Endorsing Artist:
                          ESP Basses
                          EMG Pickups
                          D'Addario Strings
                          Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                          Couch Straps
                          InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                            This is not the Rhoads from 2009 NAMM, I got ahold of this one earlier in 2008 and just absolutely love it... awesome thin neck profile and amazing playability, great balance for a V as well...

yes, I fell in love with that Warrior Bass when I held it at NAMM... only a matter of time and money before I have one!

This is the Gehenna from California hardcore/thrash band... not the black metal band from norway... both are good!
                            Nice, man! That's a unique bass. So it is still a custom shop?

Haha....yeah I'm only familiar with the black metal Gehenna. Quite a different manner of beast, I'm sure
                            From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                              Hi all, I'm Matt proud Jackson Bass Player!!! Currently playing a CS Rhoads Bass and a beat up Concert EX... I play in a band called Landmine Marathon, so yeah hello!!
                              Wow, nice bass! Ever since I saw christian from kreator playing one I wondered If anybody else owns one.
                              How do you get a bass like that? Do you have to contact jackson or do you just order one in a store?
                              I'm not planning on ordering a custom shop, I'm just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X