Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

575 bridge screw size and string guages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 575 bridge screw size and string guages?

I just got one of the 575 absoluletly awsome,

anone know the allen wrench size for the bridge screws,

also any one the string guages they came with

Thanks,

Can't help you...but can you post some photos?
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I don't know what size it is, all I know is it fits a lot of my other allen screws....I'll get the size off of it today and post it for you.

did you buy that red 575 off mtdewfkr?
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Hey thanks, no I got from daddys junky music here in boston, I mostly play guitar (Jackson dinkys), but when I wanted to get a bass I decided to try one of these, and it feels much better than the P bass I used to have. It's kind of a sparkly pale green.

Comment

when I go home I'll get that size off the allen wrench, and as far as string sizes that the nut was cut for originally, I'm almost positive it was 45-105 standard.

on a couple of mine they are standard, on the others they are 042-102 ex-light gauge with NO looseness in the nut to cause rattle or fret buzz.

p.s. I NEVER buy 50.00 a set strings for these, since I have so many of them, I just buy whatever is on sale online or in the stores. I currently have all the stuff strung up with ALICE CHEAPIES 45-105, and they were 8.75 a set as long as I bought a 12 pack. No they do not last for more than a month, but at that price, who cares !!

Comment

Cool thanks man, I've never bought bass strings, I guess they don't break that much, I had my p bass for 2 years sold it with the same strings I bought it with, but in case I wanted to get new ones, I'll just get the same gauge.

The nut seems cut very nice, I'm thinking of lowering the whole nut a very small bit, but as it is it's lower than almost any bass I've tried in the stores
            Last edited by tanpsi; 04-01-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Nice man. With old Charvels, you almost never need to adjust the neck. Rock solid, even when you change string gauges slightly.
              From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

the allen that fits all my black jackson bridge saddle screws is a 1.5mm.

you can use a 5/64ths, and slightly grind the edges as my 1.5 is really small, and I wanted a spare just in case and the 5/64ths in this set is longer.

but ya, 1.5mm

and the only reason I asked about if you bought the red 575 was it had bassline pups already in it.

Comment

Thanks man, this one has the stock pickups which sound good to me, I only use the P mostly. These things are awsome, I would definitly get another if something happened to it, maybe black for a little more low key look haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                    Thanks man, this one has the stock pickups which sound good to me, I only use the P mostly. These things are awsome, I would definitly get another if something happened to it, maybe black for a little more low key look haha!!
                    ya a 575 or a 2B, same thing...different years. and the funny thing is I never use the J pickup in any of mine also...lol

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                      ya a 575 or a 2B, same thing...different years. and the funny thing is I never use the J pickup in any of mine also...lol
                      in that case, i'll trade you a white 1b for the trem bass !
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                        in that case, i'll trade you a white 1b for the trem bass !
                        you KNOW I already have 2 1b's a black one with EMG, and a red one with OEM.

remember this old picture? the only Charvels this pic dont show is my white lefty2b, and the white righty 2b I just got for 200 bucks on it's way to my house early next week.

and you know all the "help a brother out" stuff only works if you were my neighbor and if I sold you something, I could come back break into your house, take that bass out, and then burn your house down so you can collect the insurance ( o )

Comment

Working...
                        X