Me and my Jackson Bass on stage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my Jackson Bass on stage!

This is me and my frankenstein'd Concert EX... Mahogany p body emg P/J hipshot bridge and ultralight machines... beat up, but a workhorse...

this pic was from the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest in Worcester MA this past saturday!!

more pics of my other basses to follow!
    Endorsing Artist:
    ESP Basses
    Mesa Boogie Amplification
    EMG Pickups
    D'Addario Strings
    Pedaltrain Pedalboards
    Couch Straps
    InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Rock out, Matt!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice, man!
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

great shot Matt, and a VERY interesting twist on the natural body for that thing.....All my C/J's are painted bodies, and I always wondered what a natural would look like with a Jackson pointyneck on it...now I see the answer I was looking for.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Bass is the Place!

amimbari

i think this is an aftermarket body as the contours and pickup routes are not correct for an EX body... But yes I love the raw natural finish, not your typical concert...

I will upload some pictures of my most recent acquisitions:

A neck thru Futura
          A JPB-8

I am liking the JPB-8 a lot... just scored it last night!
          Endorsing Artist:
          ESP Basses
          EMG Pickups
          D'Addario Strings
          Pedaltrain Pedalboards
          Couch Straps
          InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
            amimbari

i think this is an aftermarket body as the contours and pickup routes are not correct for an EX body... But yes I love the raw natural finish, not your typical concert...

I will upload some pictures of my most recent acquisitions:

A neck thru Futura
            A JPB-8

I am liking the JPB-8 a lot... just scored it last night!
            I know I'm gonna faint if you found one of THESE Futura's (MY GAS bass in this config)!!!!

here's someone who says they have a JPB8, not a 7... from the CL oaklahoma.
            VERY RARE Bass Guitar - Jackson JPB-8 - $400 (TULSA / NORMAN)

well for 400 I dunno if it is even a JPB anything, unless it is trashed cause you would expect something like that to be 600-1000, like the 850XL I'll never have.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              I know I'm gonna faint if you found one of THESE Futura's (MY GAS bass in this config)!!!!

here's someone who says they have a JPB8, not a 7... from the CL oaklahoma.
              VERY RARE Bass Guitar - Jackson JPB-8 - $400 (TULSA / NORMAN)

well for 400 I dunno if it is even a JPB anything, unless it is trashed cause you would expect something like that to be 600-1000, like the 850XL I'll never have.

It is not that futura... natural finish, its gonna blow you away!

I paid much less for my JPB8... like 300 less than the one in Tulsa... and it is a Sunburst Finish...

STOKED!!!
              Endorsing Artist:
              ESP Basses
              EMG Pickups
              D'Addario Strings
              Pedaltrain Pedalboards
              Couch Straps
              InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

It is not that futura... natural finish, its gonna blow you away!

I paid much less for my JPB8... like 300 less than the one in Tulsa... and it is a Sunburst Finish...

STOKED!!!
                nice in natural Matt, reminds me of the KWinger body with another name. here's a pic of my Friend Andre's KW:

Comment

Nice! And those JPB8s are wacky lookin'!!!
                  From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

I am loving the JPB8... want to find a JPB9 next... much better than the C20 Concert body... and the Futura is a proto...

Endorsing Artist:
                    ESP Basses
                    EMG Pickups
                    D'Addario Strings
                    Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                    Couch Straps
                    InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Matt, are you Slayer's Tom Araya in disguise?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Matt, are you Slayer's Tom Araya in disguise?
                        hahah I wish... he seems more like a family man though:

Endorsing Artist:
                        ESP Basses
                        EMG Pickups
                        D'Addario Strings
                        Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                        Couch Straps
                        InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

I am loving the JPB8... want to find a JPB9 next... much better than the C20 Concert body... and the Futura is a proto...

do both of those make my eyes water with delight? --HELL YES ...

do they give me GAS? --no..... only an all red Futura like the one pic I showed or a 850XL would do that ( OR to have Andre sell me BOTH his TBX's for 3 grand including shipping )

BUT I'm not above picking up something for the right price (cheap), and if that JPB8 was sold in my neighborhood for what you paid, HELL YA I'd own one as quick as you did !!!! My only turn-off is the non pointy head on all those series basses, BUT I would still own one

Matt, what are the layers of wood made out of in the center section of the Futura, and was it made as a proto BEFORE the actual line was established, or just a one off for you after the Futuras were already being made to see what it would look like in natural not paint?

it looks like maple/walnut layers with poplar wings????

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                            do both of those make my eyes water with delight? --HELL YES ...

do they give me GAS? --no..... only an all red Futura like the one pic I showed or a 850XL would do that ( OR to have Andre sell me BOTH his TBX's for 3 grand including shipping )

BUT I'm not above picking up something for the right price (cheap), and if that JPB8 was sold in my neighborhood for what you paid, HELL YA I'd own one as quick as you did !!!! My only turn-off is the non pointy head on all those series basses, BUT I would still own one

Matt, what are the layers of wood made out of in the center section of the Futura, and was it made as a proto BEFORE the actual line was established, or just a one off for you after the Futuras were already being made to see what it would look like in natural not paint?

it looks like maple/walnut layers with poplar wings????
                            1- I love the JPB Body, but yes the pointy headstocks have more appeal... and if the body was a bit larger I would be 100% satisfied as I am 6'5" and every bass looks small on me

2- The Futura was a fairly recent proto as far as I know, trying to do a different take on the older version, mahogany wings with maple/walnut neck, actually sounds really good and I will probably use it more in the studio. The wood combo/natural finish reminds me of the old reb beach guitars for some reason.

the GAS never ends!!!
                            Endorsing Artist:
                            ESP Basses
                            EMG Pickups
                            D'Addario Strings
                            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                            Couch Straps
                            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

1- I love the JPB Body, but yes the pointy headstocks have more appeal... and if the body was a bit larger I would be 100% satisfied as I am 6'5" and every bass looks small on me

2- The Futura was a fairly recent proto as far as I know, trying to do a different take on the older version, mahogany wings with maple/walnut neck, actually sounds really good and I will probably use it more in the studio. The wood combo/natural finish reminds me of the old reb beach guitars for some reason.

the GAS never ends!!!
                              ah, that's a name I havent heard for a while. one of the former members of the ironMaiden trib band we were in had a couple Beach guitars, his name is Daniel Newman. he was also in a band that practiced in my jamroom for a longtime called BON-JOURNEY.

and at 6'5, yes you would look silly despite how much you loved a bass/guitar if the bodyshape/dimensions were meant for a 13 year old

I'm short @ 5'7-130, with size 10-1/2 shoes and 8" palm to tip hand length for those w.i.d.e. necks everyone seems to think are so impossible to play on

I take advantage of it when I can, but I will always PREFER to have a 1-1/2 nut or the typical Jackson standard 1-5/8 or 1-9/16ths.

Comment

Working...
                              X