Jackson "Fusion V", anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson "Fusion V", anyone

I've got a Jackson (professional) bass, quite like the Charvel Fusion V, couldn't find it in any catalogs. Anyone else seen something like it?

Yeah, man...I've seen a couple on eBay. Nice snag!! Must play and sound fantastic!

Welcome on board!
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Word!

Comment

By chance someone else asked the same question today on a swedish board, with pictures(mine is in pieces, waiting to be stripped of its hideous overspray)

http://pratabas.se/viewtopic.php?t=2...b26bee175f0e41

Comment

it's not a Fusion, it's a Charvel eliminator body dead giveaway is the raised line, fusions had beveled body edges..

someone modded that body with a different neck or perhaps a C/S job????
            the side dot charvel version 4 string neck on the eliminator said charvel on the 12th fret, not double dots....

Last edited by amimbari; 05-08-2009, 06:50 PM. Reason: more info added
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Could be the original body and neck. Both were made in the same facility by the same people, and there are always transition pieces to be found. This could have been one that got the Charvel body and the Jackson neck. The neck pocket/heel should tell the tale.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Woah...wasn't expecting that. Nice! Cool Schaller bridge!

Comment

Those are best the playing/sounding Jackson basses I've played.

Congrats!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow even Bill thinks it's awesome. Must be a score!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                      Wow even Bill thinks it's awesome. Must be a score!

Well, I'm EXTREMELY obsessive and picky about tone (bass & guitar)..and know how to get it. If I had to pick any Jackson bass to properly convey what I can do..it would be THAT one!

How a bass looks is secondary to me. I've owned some weird looking basses. Pedulla, Kubicki, Zon, Warwick, Modulus ect..but they delivered the goods!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

haha Bill, you sound like me when people say "why the hell are you playing that pos epi-Tbird on stage"...

the jamroom youtube vids are just for jams, that's why I use em all, but on stage I take my Epi and my DillionBirds, and that's that. The Dillion is the backup unless I need a thinner neck since the EPI is 1-3/4 compared to 1-1/2 for the Dillion. Both are tuned to DGCF, and I just transpose frets to play whatever.

it works for me...I don't care that it is a 100.00 shit bass as I do have quite a rack with enough flexibility in tone to make it sound whatever I want it to sound like ( except bright cause it still is a POS ) and that's where the backup bass comes in handy if the soundguy is a moron and I am muddied behind the guitar/drums.

out of all the Model series I have, I also have a favorite. it is my model 4. To me it sounds perfect for what I have to do than my $$$$ basses. But as you know I'm a flipper, and it is slightly uncomfortable to wear compared to my tbirds, and when you throw the strap pin on the plate so I can reach the upper frets, it makes em all neckdive ( no, the tbirds do not dive cause I'm wearing them flipped )

the model 3 is the same tone, but a LOT heavier, and the days of me wearing a heavy bass for 4 hours in a bar is pretty much over unless I want to show off, then I bring the JackBird ( it is 14lbs )

when recording, I let "them" choose the tone, and since it is in a studio environment the uncomfortableness is not a factor, so I can bring whatever bass is what they want to hear as far as tone goes.
                        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

If I could get my issues with the Kelly sorted out, it'd be my #2. As far as sound goes, it rapes. Same with being able to play it. That neck is beefy!

But my number one is my Hamer. I love the round feel of the neck and it sits so perfectly on me. Doesn't sound quite as awesome as I'd like it to be yet, but that's getting there. Needs some work, but nothing that isn't reasonable for me to do.

Comment

re bushdive

To amimbari code name Mike ,,,
                            <"when you throw the strap pin on the plate so I can reach the upper frets, it makes em all neckdive">

If you put the strap pin on the bottom side top bolt of the neck-screws it will not neck dive. I have a suede strap that is not smooth on the shoulder side. And of course I'm not allowed pictures here.
                            Not sure if your rosewood ones have a weight difference.
                            Last edited by leftybob; 05-10-2009, 05:32 PM.
                            Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Asidebar

Anyone want this license plate? My car does'nt have a fashion plate on the front, not that I'm sad about that. I clear sprayed it when I got it so that it can be cleaned easily. It's brand new and of course it's bad ass.
                              Last edited by leftybob; 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM.
                              Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Working...
                              X