a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question

hey this is my first time posting on these boards and i have a little question. a couple days ago i bought this bass ive never heard of before a jackson concert v pro for 100$ was that a good deal? how much do they usually sell for? and what kind of style is usually used for this kind of bass, sounds kind of like metal to me. ummmm any information about this bass would be usefull for me and if i got a good deal on it. thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by gowiththeflow198; 05-02-2009, 03:12 PM. Reason: better title

Dude! That's a steal! I'd expect to pay around $400 or more for one. Is it in good shape? Have any photos?

I believe they were made between '92 and '95...Kahler bridges, sick OEM pickups/preamp. They are metal machines! Most famously, Dave Ellefson used to play them. I'd love to have one of those things one day! But man, you got such a good deal on that one, if it's in good condition!
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

yea its in perfect condition, no scratches and even the pointy part of the top isnt even scratched or nicked like i see in almost every photo when i try to look it up online. thanks a lot its good to know i didnt get ripped off and i actually made a smart deal for once lmao, im kind of noob when it comes to what basses are worth and what not. no photos yet tho, i gotta get my webcam back. know any sites that can give me a backround of this bass i tried looking online and couldnt find anything at all.

thanks so much for your help

Comment

That's kickass!! You got a killer deal on it, man. Enjoy that thing!

Comment

Post some pics, would love to see it! Killer deal, you did good!

Comment

What's the story behind the sale?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well my friend owed this guy some cash and he was really desperate and he hardly ever plays bass so he offered me 150$ for it but i only had 100$ and he said thats fine. he had no idea what it was worth i guess. i was just at the right place at the right time i guess. im gonna get some pics online as soon as i can. ive played it a lot the past couple days and im loving it!!!

Comment

Wow...your gain, duder. Can't wait to see how it looks!

Comment

I guess I can also say daymn.... a c5 for 100 bucks, hell I'd buy it even if it was one of the newer ones without the pointy headstock !!!!

welcome to the bassplayers area of the JCF gowiththeflow.
                  http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

thanks

thanks for the warm welcome guys, this is the first jackson ive ever owned, and im loving it. such a good sound im so happy with my investment, i cant wait to get some pics up and show it off. should i just stick with the original pick ups or go for somthing else?? im kinda noob about that shit. thanks for your help guys!!

Comment

changing the pickups is up to you, if it sounds the way you want it...why change right?....my take on changing this and that is:

leave it alone, and go use another bass that sounds different...
                      (provided the pups are good, there is no hum etc..)

many people go thru a lot of guitars in their years, same with me. I could never be happy with one or 2, so I have a bunch to choose tone from.

I just laugh at people who say " My Fender P does it all and I don't need anything else" <<< maybe they are satisfied with that for what they need to play, but not me.
                      P/J to me means:
                      Pointyhead
                      Jackson

p.s. If Fenders had pointyheadstocks and the same necks as all my Jacksons, I'd have a dozen Fenders, but they don't so I don't.

I even got a little crazy and found a matched set of Siamese twins to mess around on.

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Still love your red 3B, duder!

Comment

mike i still want to trade you a neck for that lefty 2b neck! i only have one " reverse" headstock !
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

re neck

You should definitely consider it Mike, bananas are meant to rise not fall ....
                            Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

I think the reverse headstocks look killer. Makes me jealous of you guys...so easy to get a reverse headstocked J/C pointy head :P

Comment

Working...
                              X