No announcement yet.

SD Jackson Bridge Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the collector nonsense. Play it like it was meant to be played. It's a musical instrument, not a NASDAQ listing.

Besides, no one will ever pay what it's worth because they're spoiled on the "sweet deals" they're used to getting these for. Plus, since you've already spilled the beans on what you paid, if it ever did go up for sale you'd get low-balled - the "rarity factor" and how it affects price would be conveniently forgotten.

It's not carved in stone that the tuners would match the bridge. These were Custom Shop models - most of which were made to customer specs. The brass bridge could have been specified, but since tuner options back then were chrome, black, and gold-plated, whoever ordered it may have chosen black to match the body since gold-plate doesn't match the color of brass.

EMGs can be narrowed down by the underside - if they've got quick-connects, they're recent. If they're hard-wired like passives, and have beige bottoms, they could be original.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The EMG's are the old-style, hardwired. It was ordered by Sam Ash 48th St, according to the register, but it doesn't specify EMG's.

I'm not worried about the value of it so much in dollars, as much as a sort of a piece of Jackson history. I definitely think it should be played, but I also think that if he wants to add a Kahler and paint it, he'd be better off doing that to something else, so he won't regret it later.

If he ever decides he doesn't want it, I've got first dibs, and I told him I would buy it from him for more than he paid for it.

Comment

I have number j0135 and it has emg p and humbucker and it has a brass bridge from the factory. Yea newc, he should play it like the sweet player it it is! Basses don't bring the money that guitars do, which is strange since they are rarer. But good for us bass players! Lol
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

well i guess the theory behind a brass bridge and black tuners "who is retarded enough to do that" theory went down the tubes.. and ya NEWC, sweet deals are not too common on the guitar side, but would I pay 700-1000 for a mint concert/custom? if I wanted that exact thing, I either would pay the price, or someone else would own it, not me...

and for curiosity newc, is emg selects the same things, or were they manufactured in another plant to emg specs by a totally independent company who had nothing to do with emg, except to pay them royalty for using their specs?

wait sweet bass deal? how about 110.00 for a clean 2b which will be here next week sometime---damn basses are so much cheaper, but what I REALLY want to find is another lefty bass, but in black, now that will take some time
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
          X