Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Basses

Please answer this honestly.
    How many of you out there miss the availability of Jackson basses? If so please indicate in your area what styles and configuration (4st, 5st, Concert old Skool, New School, etc) is most in demand by you and Jackson players in your individual areas?

Judging from the forum; I'd say odd body styles seems to get coversation going.
    Last edited by leftybob; 05-18-2009, 05:46 PM.
    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

I love em pointy myself... but I know that isnt for everyone. As far as classics are concerned, a neck thru Concert would RULE. Four strings are my personal prefrence, but I set em up BEAD...

My dream... this in a bass

Just off the top of my head.

mm
      Endorsing Artist:
      ESP Basses
      Mesa Boogie Amplification
      EMG Pickups
      D'Addario Strings
      Pedaltrain Pedalboards
      Couch Straps
      InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Old school 4 string Concert with a proper P/J pickup config would be really nice.
        An import version would be even nicer.

I hate the gumby headstock on the C20 and the body style is awkward.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
          I love em pointy myself... but I know that isnt for everyone. As far as classics are concerned, a neck thru Concert would RULE. Four strings are my personal prefrence, but I set em up BEAD...

My dream... this in a bass

Just off the top of my head.

mm
          I agree, a neck thru concert would be great. Something a little bit more high end than the ordinary concert bass.
          Maybe some reverse sharkfins and nicer pickups.
          Last edited by MK84; 05-18-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a guitar player, but I have been trying to convince my bass player to get a Jackson for years. His complaints have always been that the body styles, inlays, and headstocks just don't really work for him. He said he kinda liked the Chris Beattie (sp? too lazy to look.) sig model aside from the inlays.

I think an "old school" USA Jackson neck-thru Concert bass (ebony board, sharkfin inlays, pointy head etc) would be awesome. Hell, I would probably buy one just for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              I'm a guitar player, but I have been trying to convince my bass player to get a Jackson for years. His complaints have always been that the body styles, inlays, and headstocks just don't really work for him. He said he kinda liked the Chris Beattie (sp? too lazy to look.) sig model aside from the inlays.

I think an "old school" USA Jackson neck-thru Concert bass (ebony board, sharkfin inlays, pointy head etc) would be awesome. Hell, I would probably buy one just for myself.
              A few of Dave Ellfeson's (sp?) Jackson USA basses came up on Ebay a few years ago and sold for pretty cheap as well. I almost pulled the trigger on the last one.

I always wanted to own a Thunderbird USA neckthru Jackson and I beleive that was one of the first ones Dave sold then his concert basses.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                A few of Dave Ellfeson's (sp?) Jackson USA basses came up on Ebay a few years ago and sold for pretty cheap as well. I almost pulled the trigger on the last one.

I always wanted to own a Thunderbird USA neckthru Jackson and I beleive that was one of the first ones Dave sold then his concert basses.
                Those Thunderbird basses were pretty cool. I still have the 94 (I think) catalog with the TBX models.

I wonder why Ellefson sold 'em. I guess he's got no use for 'em. No sentimental value I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  Those Thunderbird basses were pretty cool. I still have the 94 (I think) catalog with the TBX models.

I wonder why Ellefson sold 'em. I guess he's got no use for 'em. No sentimental value I reckon.
                  He is really into Modulus and graphite necks. Jackson basses got pretty big in the late 80's early 90s then everyone that played them found "better" stuff to play. At least that is what I have been told.

Comment

oh here we go, you said the magic word --- THUNDERBIRD

here's one owned by a friend of mine in the UK:

here's one owned By "Shark":

heres mine next to my Dillion:

here's a couple more that "SHARK" from here owns:

The Kahlerized bird is a true C/S, then the Kahler was added sometime in it's past it is the only USA model in the pics, the others are Jap-Pros, and DON't knock them they are as fine as any USA model they EVER PUT out, including some of the C/S birds.

they actually sold MORE C/S birds than Pro's cause the late 80's everyone wanted a Jacksonbird, and by the time they put it into production in 1994, they only made 27 of them and no dealers bought them. So between the 5-6 I know about that exist, that's it....
                    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Cannella View Post
                      Please answer this honestly.
                      How many of you out there miss the availability of Jackson basses? If so please indicate in your area what styles and configuration (4st, 5st, Concert old Skool, New School, etc) is most in demand by you and Jackson players in your individual areas?
                      in demand?. I have enough of them to keep me happy

if I actually had to recommend one to another person, if the sharkneck is your thing cool. The old Charvels always had dots, but ALL the neck specs are the same so they all FEEL the same...tonewise, I'd have to say look for a model 3b NT or a bolt-on 4b. ( same body style and preamp ) To me it sounds the best for "overall" tone....you know, just like the FenderFreaks say "one P bass for everything" <<<narrowminded freaks...

to me owning a P/J bass means one thing ONLY

P = pointyheadstock
                      J = Jackson

Comment

Post a pic of the painted neck on your red bass

Comment

Originally posted by leftybob View Post
                          Post a pic of the painted neck on your red bass
                          ok......

Comment

Sweet ! Now paint your basement that color ! ... hahahaha
                            :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by leftybob View Post
                              Sweet ! Now paint your basement that color ! ... hahahaha
                              :ROTF:
                              where's the facepalm smily?

how about if I paint the walls THIS color to match one of my other painted necked basses?

Comment

Working...
                              X