No announcement yet.

Jackson Basses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a CS Warrior bass at Namm. Would be nice if Jackson made a production bass Warrior. Unless that happens, I'll continue to use my Boss GT-10 to simulate a bass guitar.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

there's always the "alternative" warrior guitar, just not a jackson:

. as far as a bass version goes that WOULD be a GAS inducer!!!
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Most bass players I know don't like that "normal" Jackson headstock on bass. They keep telling me that they are out of proportion and look like hockey sticks. I personally think that thet fit some models well.

New style bass like John Campbell's signature with 35" scale lenght would be cool. 24 frets of course.
        Hardware and pickups and electronics have to be good because other brands have them too. I see C20 model as beginners choice only.

Comment

C/J's with hockeysticks? naw, I think your friends are referring to the REAL HOCKYSTICK UGLY AS SIN heads, and associating them with C/J's

and yes the c-20 c5a and the whole lot of the gumbyheads are "shitlevel" basses and should have been re-named for the predecessor crap line of guitars and basses..

THE PERFORMER SERIES, or all the shit Charvette's they sold with 19.99 dollar necks on them.

Comment

more random thoughts...
            I prefer the 4 in line pointy headstock (I think much of a guitar/basses branding and image is the headstock, evident in the TBX models which are by all means an homage to the TBird , but that pointy headstock makes it distinctively Jackson, I am sure that the fact that it is a blatant homage to the TBird, I think it would more than likely not happen again!)...

as for 2+2. I have never liked the Gumby-amoeba headstock as much... maybe a 2+2 redesign... something based on the SLS 3+3?? again with the pointy thing... for that matter, how about an SLS style bass... thin body etc

thinkin out loud!
            matt
            and sharkfins just seem so correct to me.
            Last edited by mattmarathon; 05-19-2009, 01:21 PM.
            Endorsing Artist:
            ESP Basses
            Mesa Boogie Amplification
            EMG Pickups
            D'Addario Strings
            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
            Couch Straps
            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

well it's better than owning one of the JX/JZB or CMS Fenderheads:

lol, If I wanted something that looked like a Fender, I would buy a Lakland/Sadowsky

although Jackson HAS produced many models with a non point head, I would LOVE to have seen one of the Roswells made in a limited run in a bass form....

Comment

I'm diggin' that black one
                Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

If Jackson went into production with a USA bass again it should just be a neck thru concert bass in 4 and 5 string since they wont make the T-bird.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    If Jackson went into production with a USA bass again it should just be a neck thru concert bass in 4 and 5 string since they wont make the T-bird.
                    naw the FB and TB was just another piece of failed sales history

same with the anti-grav, and many others that only saw one year of production

and a NT??? you'd be lucky if ANYONE would dump 2 grand out for a Concert, considering the FenderFans out there constantly flooding the market with "why buy anything else BUT a Fender, your one-stop-shop for a do-all bass"

you got a million people saying that, and Jackson has NO chance, owned by Fender or not, they would not take the risk of failed sales.

Comment

Yeah, but Fender basses are ugly.

I want a bass that says "FUCK YOU!"

Remember, it's all about marketing and knowing your buyer.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                        naw the FB and TB was just another piece of failed sales history

same with the anti-grav, and many others that only saw one year of production

and a NT??? you'd be lucky if ANYONE would dump 2 grand out for a Concert, considering the FenderFans out there constantly flooding the market with "why buy anything else BUT a Fender, your one-stop-shop for a do-all bass"

you got a million people saying that, and Jackson has NO chance, owned by Fender or not, they would not take the risk of failed sales.
                        I agree I think time has rendered the Jackson bass obsolete.

If I was the head cheese in Charge I would promote a Charvel line of basses with Fender headstocks and fancy tops and electronics kind of like Sadowsky does.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post

what about an import NT that is "on point" in regards to affordability?
                          I agree that 2K+ is out of range for a competitive bass that is going to be appealing most to the "rock/metal" niche...

what is affordable?
                          what is an acceptable street price range?

are folks wanting USA Production. Japan etc???

I love this... its like a metal bass roundtable... ummm thinktank

mm
                          Endorsing Artist:
                          ESP Basses
                          Mesa Boogie Amplification
                          EMG Pickups
                          D'Addario Strings
                          Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                          Couch Straps
                          InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post

mm
                            what is affordable? ( LESS THAN 800 )
                            what is an acceptable street price range? ( 109.95 for all the retards who love their rondo-SX specials ).

( for 109.95...and REMEMBER these fools are brainwashed into saying that "my Rondo SX will compete with ANY bass out there ) <<< ya right that's AFTER they added 400-500$$ worth of putting new pups-pots/fretwork/badassII/pickguard/65.00 flatwound strings...do I need to go on? to make them play correctly.:ROTF:

and as far as country of origin, does it matter?

I got enough experience with MIK/MIJ/USA. you either get a nice unit or you don't when your NOT paying 2-6 grand for your unit ( guitars included )

or you just get someone who is very happy with their 109.95 bass, and will not spend a penny more..like RJ said...marketing vs price vs economy. The guitar players here say the same thing.."they should bring back the xxx model" "I would buy one if they did"...well one purchase don't mean shit unless there are 10,000 others to follow

Comment

As amimbari already knows, I prefer any pointy bass from Jackson. It's just what I think of when I hear "Jackson". Always will be. If they released a pointy bass next week I'd probably be the first in line to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                                what is affordable?
                                what is an acceptable street price range?
                                What ? Has Feign'der got such a grip on sales in the industry that it's not worth it for other co.'s to make metal basses. Metal is strong and has lasted longer than many would have liked. Honest, I only need one bass. I think if I got another it would have to be a custom or something, maybe if I got a deal I knew I could turn it for more than I payed then perhaps I'd consider it. If new and the quality was matching the price then maybe. I ramble ...
                                Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Working...
                                X