are Charvel better than Music Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are Charvel better than Music Man

I was at a wedding and I was talking to another bassist and he told me that my 3b was a P.O.S compaired to his Music Man stingray! After I told him he was high and needed to share we got into it.Was I in the right?Has anyone played a Music Man and do they play/sound better than my stock 3b

Music Man basses are awesome. And while your 3b is a decent bass, it's really not going to hold up to a Music Man.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I smell a fight thread coming.....

you have to ask THAT question in a CharvelJackson forum??:ROTF:

your comparing apples and oranges to closed minded babies who look for nothing but to play "follow the leader" typical "mine is better than yours" shit.

I have a MM, it DON'T sound better/worse, just different, would I use it INSTEAD of my 1,2,3 or 4b's? for the stuff I need to do?... NOPE.... my MM is a 5stringer and that is it's SOLE purpose IF necessary.

naturally this is all IMO.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
        I was at a wedding and I was talking to another bassist and he told me that my 3b was a P.O.S compaired to his Music Man stingray! After I told him he was high and needed to share we got into it.Was I in the right?Has anyone played a Music Man and do they play/sound better than my stock 3b
        he was absolutely right
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by endrik View Post
          he was absolutely right
          bullshit! Imo charvel model series play better and sound better than any other basses i've played
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
            bullshit! Imo charvel model series play better and sound better than any other basses i've played
            I won't take sides because you all know what I would say, but Rob, your 1/2 wrong....not BETTER, just different you cannot "compare" a MM to a 3b

noone will ever convince me that a Fender is the shit either, cause I think ALL of them suck, Fender/SX/Squier, 1300.00 for a GeddyLee copy and all the TB'ers do is bitch about them being junk...sheesh ( but they will defend it to the DEATH if you say, "my xxxx bass is better than your Geddy" )

but like 10,000.000 threads say:

"to each his own"

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              i won't take sides because you all know what i would say, but rob, your 1/2 wrong....not better, just different you cannot "compare" a mm to a 3b

noone will ever convince me that a fender is the shit either, cause i think all of them suck, fender/sx/squier, 1300.00 for a geddylee copy and all the tb'ers do is bitch about them being junk...sheesh ( but they will defend it to the death if you say, "my xxxx bass is better than your geddy" )

but like 10,000.000 threads say:

"to each his own"
              the music man i played, the neck felt like a fender to me. I prefer the flatter fretboard and active network of the charvels and even the passive setup on the 2bs sounds better. I don't like one pup basses, they're too limited on tone. I control my tone swith the bass controls only! Drives the sound guy nuts! Lol

Comment

let's turn this thread around and get away from the "mine is better than yours shit"

Rob, last night our singer Chris brought over his old Warwick bubinga/wenge Corvette. after 3 minutes of getting used to his string height, readjusting my eq a little, a very ballsy passive bass for sure. flat back neck was luxurious, and the skinny little HEAVY body was a joy to play. does it sound like my 3b's nope... it sounded A LOT MORE LIKE MY TBX if I had to compare tone.... would I buy it for (it's) tone? ...sure...would I need it for the stuff I do?, probably not

my point being it was not BETTER than anything else I have over here, just different, just like my MM compared to anything I have, it don't have to say Jackson on the headstock for me to know this.

naturally all the Ritter haters who say they are overpriced boutique basses have never actually played on one, and the ones who say "after I modded my SX, with this and that, my SX will HANG with a Ritter"...now that's funny, or people who are jealous of others who can actually afford a 10 grand bass.

again we go back to the "follow the leader" attitude, and people who are stuck on a name or a 60 year old bodyshape.... Bongo toilet seats are some of the finest tonal basses I ever played, but people will still say "I'd never buy a bass that looks like a crapper lid"....:think:

and to your "I prefer a 2 pup bass over a 1"....me too

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                  nice, I think they sound like crap
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i have both and think they are great in their own way. i think the mm sound great live, but i have a hard time dialing it in when i'm recording. the charvel is so simple i plug in and im ready to rock

Comment

MM guitars and Bases are just top notch stuff.

I'd take a MM bass over a Jackson/Charvel.

If you can find a used SUB to try, you will be amazed. And those were the entry level stuff.

I have a Bongo 5 that is a killer bass. Would never need another with that one.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've played several MM basses and they didn't really appeal to me, but I love Charvels, especially for the neck, which was where I have found MM basses to be dissatisfying.
                        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                          I've played several MM basses and they didn't really appeal to me, but I love Charvels, especially for the neck, which was where I have found MM basses to be dissatisfying.
                          gotta agree with you tino, the feel of the neck is the thing i love about charvel/jackson

Comment

to try to convince someone of something "this is better than that" argument is thousands of years old. I don't rip on anything people want to use, but for me, the MM is just a MM, like 100 other luthiers/companies making their versions of any bodystyle. If it is "cost-vs-tone", well then I would have to say the Charvel still beats a MM. If I had to say plug and play, then a Charvel still beats the MM.

this get's so old but it's the same as the SX group saying "my SX is as good as any MIA Fender and was 800 cheaper" theory. Jackson's basses were NEVER supposed to be mainstream, and for a few short years they shined in all their glory. Brand new MM-vs-Jackson, the MM is the CLEAR winner!

Comment

I think the model series basses are fair at best. I really like the model series guitars though. I passed up model series bass last month for $275 because I didn't like the way it felt and the tone was dull. I'll take a MM or Fender.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X