No announcement yet.

are Charvel better than Music Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says that I like what's better? MusicMan basses are a hell of a lot better than Charvels and Charvels aren't that good in comparison because MMs are so much more advanced. And I like Charvels not because they are just okay-feeling, but because they're unique in a way that I fancy.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

you won't get anywhere bantering this stupid this-vs-that topic around ya know..ask a Fenderlover the same thing, and he will say MM sucks Fender rules...so what is the point of this anymore?

you guys are PLAYING INTO the OP's hands by arguing...let's call it quits already and say:

NOT BETTER/WORSE.....ONLY DIFFERENT
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        you won't get anywhere bantering this stupid this-vs-that topic around ya know..ask a Fenderlover the same thing, and he will say MM sucks Fender rules...so what is the point of this anymore?

you guys are PLAYING INTO the OP's hands by arguing...let's call it quits already and say:

NOT BETTER/WORSE.....ONLY DIFFERENT
        nobody is playing into anyone's hands. this is a discussion forum. we are discussing. lighten up, francis.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

it's Antonio, and your right

Comment

I'm not arguing, just agreeing. MusicMen don't appeal to me as much as Jacksons, but they're still better basses.

Comment

Thanks for everyones input but my dad was right when he said"opinions are like assholes ,just because you have one dont think I want to hear it"

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
                Thanks for everyones input but my dad was right when he said"opinions are like assholes ,just because you have one dont think I want to hear it"
                Then why would you join a discussion forum?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  Then why would you join a discussion forum?
                  see Tim, my post on message 17 was "kinda" accurate and did come true

Comment

Another thing is that you can get a 3B in good condition for $300-$500 and Music Man basses run between $1,500 and $2,700? If you buy used, Stingrays are still pricier than any of the model series basses. So we're comparing basses in completely different price ranges. For its price range, the 3B is an outstanding instrument with very different features than a Stingray (neck through, P+J pickups, etc.) and the Stingray is a really great bass and it costs a lot more than any Charvel model series.

For the $2,000 that it costs to buy a Music Man, though? Meh, I'd rather have my Jackson any day.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      nobody is playing into anyone's hands. this is a discussion forum. we are discussing. lighten up, francis.

Nice save on the "Francis" BTW. And...

"If you touch my stuff...I'll kill ya."

Hippietim is like the JCF's "Big Toe"
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Can you get a MM in sparkly "bass boat" silver? No? Then fuck it. Still got to get a "bass pro shop" sticker for my silver charvel bass. Thing looks like a fishing lure! It just SCREAMS 80s!

This post is worthless. read on.
                        www.JerryRobison.com
                        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

lol, MM is a well known and respected company BUT.... MM has been around as long as Charvel, and did they EVER make any bass for any band ESPECIALLY the 80's bands to give to the bands that wanted the "wild look" to match their shows????? nope, only dull lifeless colors and natural finishes.

I highly doubt MM wanted a piece of this action, and probably was better off, but I will ONLY agree with MM being better in quality and tone and playability if you compare it to the brand-new gumbyhead shit basses Jackson makes in China or Indonesia now-a-days....

BUT NOT THESE!!!!! ( ya I got a ton of old bass pics from various users here and on TB )

Comment

Gotta love those crackle paint jobs!
                            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                              Can you get a MM in sparkly "bass boat" silver? No? Then fuck it. Still got to get a "bass pro shop" sticker for my silver charvel bass. Thing looks like a fishing lure! It just SCREAMS 80s!

This post is worthless. read on.
                              Nah, man...I wanna see a picture of that bass!

Comment

cleaning her up and will take some pics. Someone did a horrible job removing the finish from the neck so I had to re do that yesterday. Neck feels incredible now, really hard to make perfect lines with that super thick finish.
                                www.JerryRobison.com
                                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
                                X