Information on an SL1-T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on an SL1-T?

I started another thread and because of it I'm leaning toward an SL1-T. Can someone give me the lowdown on this guitar? As far as I can tell it's just a regular SL1 but without the floating trem. I'm not sure if these are still in production and if they can still be ordered from somewhere. I think I'm on the hunt for one...

They're still on Jackson's website, so contact a dealer here. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...uct=2803075803
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Still in production.
      What are you looking to know about them?

It's an SL1 but, the neck angle is a little different to compensate for the non recessed bridge.

The rest is pretty stock. I think they are one of the best models of the Jackson lineup.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've been looking for a guitar that doesn't have a floating trem with passive pickups. I've planned to use it for basically just straight up metal riffs on recordings. I'm not sure that I can find much better than this model from the looks of it

If this baby can handle all the metal riffs that I throw at it then I think I'm sold! By the way, what if I want to get this in a different color than what's offered? I guess I'd have to go custom shop for that?
        Last edited by Rob Panciera; 09-01-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flatpicker;1279259]
          It's an SL1 but, the neck angle is a little different to compensate for the non recessed bridge.
          /QUOTE]

i was wondering... is there any particular reason why they have choosen to build it with non recessed bridge? is there any major difference involved like cost saving or something like it as opposed to recessed one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Panciera View Post
            I've been looking for a guitar that doesn't have a floating trem with passive pickups. I've planned to use it for basically just straight up metal riffs on recordings. I'm not sure that I can find much better than this model from the looks of it

If this baby can handle all the metal riffs that I throw at it then I think I'm sold! By the way, what if I want to get this in a different color than what's offered? I guess I'd have to go custom shop for that?

Yeah,
            Or get one in any color and refin.

It'd be cheaper than going CS.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[QUOTE=luka;1279538]
              Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              /QUOTE]

i was wondering... is there any particular reason why they have choosen to build it with non recessed bridge? is there any major difference involved like cost saving or something like it as opposed to recessed one?
              Good question.

I don't know why. The only guitar I have seen with a recessed TOM was a carvin. Maybe they patented it or something.

Comment

Hmm... The refinish idea sounds great! I'm not sure how to go about that though.

Comment

ask Mike Learn. he posts here.

Comment

Working...
                  X