No announcement yet.

NGD: Jackson PC1 Purple Daze review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not yet tried it with my little headphone practice thingy but I imagine it's pretty cool even with no feedback from a speaker at all. You know, the thing you're always missing at a low volume, or with headphones? This does that. I really like it!

I play my PC-1 sometims w-headphones and my Boss GT-10 and it sounds great, you still get those kick ass harmonics w-the sustainer.
    Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
      Good pickup suggestions! I will have to try those! Per requests, here are some pics. I know I'm not the original poster, but hey, they're still PC1s! Here's the one I foolishly sold:

And here's the one I have now:
      That's the best looking Purple Daze I've seen.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Jazz,

I'm the same way about Mahogany Superstrats, or Mahogany Strats in general. My questions goes like this: For fit and finish from one end to the other....and when looking at the finish quality and attractiveness of the "top" how does it compare to say an EBMM EVH? Those were really nice tops when curly and I've always beena sucker for Purple.

So (to me) we have Purple Quilt, a Floyd, a Mahogany body, a sustainer, and a high quality maple (inlay free) neck ala some old 70's Schecters. It specs out great so any drawbacks? (I'd love to get one). BTW I agree that the posted photos are gorgeous
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Congrats on the new PC1. They are great guitars. Your review should help anyone who is on the fence in the future about this model. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
            Jazz,

I'm the same way about Mahogany Superstrats, or Mahogany Strats in general. My questions goes like this: For fit and finish from one end to the other....and when looking at the finish quality and attractiveness of the "top" how does it compare to say an EBMM EVH? Those were really nice tops when curly and I've always beena sucker for Purple.

So (to me) we have Purple Quilt, a Floyd, a Mahogany body, a sustainer, and a high quality maple (inlay free) neck ala some old 70's Schecters. It specs out great so any drawbacks? (I'd love to get one). BTW I agree that the posted photos are gorgeous
            I can't really make a direct comparison to the EVH (never seen one in person) but after a couple of weeks, the honeymoon is over, and I'm still very impressed with the guitar.

I don't really see any drawbacks... The neck is definitely a little on the thick side but it is really great to play. I sure would not try to talk you out of playing one first if you're a thin neck addict, but if you've ever owned & enjoyed a guitar with a beefier neck and you like the looks of it, I really don't think you can go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              I can't really make a direct comparison to the EVH (never seen one in person) but after a couple of weeks, the honeymoon is over, and I'm still very impressed with the guitar.

I don't really see any drawbacks... The neck is definitely a little on the thick side but it is really great to play. I sure would not try to talk you out of playing one first if you're a thin neck addict, but if you've ever owned & enjoyed a guitar with a beefier neck and you like the looks of it, I really don't think you can go wrong!
              yeah, I understand what you mean. The EVH is basswood so we can't talk there. This is a different guitar entirely but I was just asking on the fit/finish as to how well built the guitar is. The EBMM is a really high quality build down to the details so that was what i was using as a yardstick. Thanks for the review. It definitely sounds like my kind of guitar.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

super 3=dark x2n=noisy im about to pull the x2n and try a super distortion.
                jackson pc-1 chameleon
                charvel model 4
                prs ce-24 emerald green
                ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                jackson rr ps 3t
                ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                engl thunder 50
                ibanez rg 565
                mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Working...
                X