USA Soloists surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Soloists surprise

Been looking at this site for a while. I wanted a USA soloist to try the neck thru. I did a lot research and this is what I wanted, USA soloist, original Floyd Rose non recessed, ebony fret board without the shark inlays, with two humbuckers, black in color. I looked through the Jackson catalogs and about 60 pages on this site, the only model I could find was the sl2 with 24 frets. I was under the impression that all USA soloist came with Ebony fret boards. I searched through craigslist, local sales papers and I found one on guitar centers site. The fret board looked a little light to be ebony but what did I know. I bought the guitar for 699.00 with a hard case. When it arrived I counted the frets and its only 22 frets, and I am pretty sure its a Rosewood fretboard (and it has made in the USA on the head stock). I researched the serial number on Jacksons site and it wa made in 1998. Just wondering if its a good buy and if anyone had experience with this model. By the way my first Jackson and post on this site.

Mike

First thing that comes to mind is an SL4. Import. Pics and a description of the guitar would help.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, the SL2 would definitely be Ebony, here's mine ('96):

(Yes I love this guitar and I will take any excuse to post it)

Any USA Soloist in decent shape is a bargain for $699 w/case! It kinda sounds like a custom job to me. Although I don't know why they'd spec a rosewood fretboard instead of ebony. :think:

I looked at the '98 catalog and don't see anything it could be based on your description... :dunno:

Comment

Doesnt sound promising but show us pics and we'll put your mind at ease or fill it with Adamantium rage.

Beautiful SL2, Jazznoise. None more black.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Sounds similar to an SL4 but it's USA.
          Though, you say you want a guitar with no inlays and non-recessed Floyd? Not going to get that on any modern Jacksons unless you go Custom Shop.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guitars getting setup at the moment, Looks like Makeajazznoiseheres' with the exception of the ebony board (has dot inlays) and 22 frets. Original floyd rose not the licensed one, two duncan pickups. The serial numbers on the last fret are UO 6890 which put it being made in Ontario in 1998. Yea its a bummer about the ebony fretboard, I was hoping to see what the difference would be like. When I get it back I will try to get some picks up.

Comment

Didn't they build a run of 22 frets for GC or someone?
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ah, OK. Rosewood, dots, 22 frets, neck through...

Still don't know what the hell it is!

Comment

Did Jackson make a Pro version of the 575/Model 5? That's what it sounds like to me... did the 575 have dots or fins?
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Wasn't there a small run of "student"-style Soloists done around that time? Maybe by DCGL? i.e., Rosewood, dots, no binding, non-recessed Floyds. I thought they were 24 fret'rs, though?

Comment

H

How could it be an SL4 when it says Made in USA on the headstock?

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      First thing that comes to mind is an SL4. Import. Pics and a description of the guitar would help.

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                        How could it be an SL4 when it says Made in USA on the headstock?
                        Yeah, you're right - I've never seen anything with a "Jackson Made in the USA" logo that wasn't.

[/sarcasm]

I was thinking that a sticker might have been applied to it in order to disguise an import as a USA model.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                        X