No announcement yet.

Just received my new SL1, single coil vs humbucker talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, your friend is a woosie The SL1 is very versatile as you said. That's why they termed the guitar "Super Strat". For the sound you are after, those single coils (stacked) are giving you a taste of Strat. And with the Humbucker in the bridge your heading for Metal flat out solo. I've had my Bengal for 5 years now and it never lets me down.

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jlagana2002 View Post
      I find I NEVER use my neck humbucker in my other guitars.
      But I am always using the neck single coil in my Jackson now.
      I guess you don't like Iron Maiden, old school Metallica, Black Sabbath, and a lot of other neck pickup tones?
      Originally posted by jlagana2002 View Post
      Would I be dissapointed if I switched the single coils to EMG's???

Looking for the same sound now, only with more output. Bright, without the mud !
      I have an EMG-S wired for 18 volts in a Fusion. It's still far away from the output of the EMG81. If you want more output, you'll loose the tone you have with the current singles. You'd have to move up to hot rails, JB Jr. or similar.

I'd say if you are happy with the sound, don't F with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I guess you don't like Iron Maiden, old school Metallica, Black Sabbath, and a lot of other neck pickup tones?

I have an EMG-S wired for 18 volts in a Fusion. It's still far away from the output of the EMG81. If you want more output, you'll loose the tone you have with the current singles. You'd have to move up to hot rails, JB Jr. or similar.

I'd say if you are happy with the sound, don't F with it.

Naa, I like them a lot. Its just what I prefer to go with with my rig...

I was thinking of swapping those single coils out. Don't think I am crazy, but the stocks ones are not for me.

Yo did anyone out there ever try the Seymour Duncan STK-S2 Hot Single Coil Guitar Pickups ????? Whats your review ?

Comment

Originally posted by El Mariachi View Post
          I have the exact same guitar...
          I'm a metal player mostly. I probably would have preferred an SL2 for a true humbucker. I put a BKP Holy Diver in the bridge and two SD Hot Rails in mine. I do like the guitar alot!

Just Awesome... The white is Freakin Awesome....

Comment

Working...
          X