Jackson San Dimas value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
    The guitar is worth $700 maybe $800 at the most. I have one and I didn't pay 1700 for it.
    Would you mind posting pics of yours so I can see if it's the same?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSANE View Post
      $1700 seems allot for a bolt on San Dimas strat.
      Yes the factory Floyd, ebony fret board and sub 1505 serial number help but I would think 1200-1500 would be more in line - but as mentioned...you only live once!
      If you really want it...grab it!
      WAY high in this crappy economy. $800 a GOOD day is ALL the money for a plain jane..

Comment

dated 10/86, OFR, HRF graphic, was about $800 last yr or so.

Comment

Ya here's mine. I know someone added the neck humbucker. It has EMG's in it now. It looks like it was an OFR order too.

And I need to take better pics of it. The metal flake doesn't doesn't photo well for some reason.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Both of those are really close to the one I was looking at. The one I'm talking about is blue with chrome hardware, 1 volume and 1 tone control. Plus it has an ebony fretboard. Other than that it's pretty standard. Single hum, dot inlays, etc. I'm still jonesing for it really badly but I'm gonna have to wait it out. I just don't have that much to put in it right now and I also know that's alot more than it's worth. Course if I had $1700 to spare I'd still go ahead and buy it even though it's not worth that much because it's worth it to me....

Comment

Gather up as much cash as you can. If its 1200 then get it and slap it down on the counter. If he doesn't take it give him your # and tell him to call you if he changes his mind. When a bill comes due he may just think about it and call you. You need to make him see your serious and not just a dreamer. saying you will give 1200 and putting it under his nose are two different things! I have used this tactic buying cars and it has worked a few times.

Comment

I agree with broken fusion. Slap the $1200 cash on the counter and see what he does. Personally I would start a little lower than that to start. I seriously think he's BSing you about how much he has in it.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yeah, I think hes inflating the value of the items that he traded for it or using map or msrp for them. I would be surprised if he actually paid that much for the items that he traded for it. If those items were new then I suggest checking out MF or some other place to get a street value on those items. If you can show him that his math doesnt add up maybe he will see it your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X