Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Treasure Map Custom Shop Info

Hi Everybody!!!

This is my first post as a JCF forum member, so let me introduce myself a little.

My name is Rick, from Spain, 30 years old and sick about guitars....have a decent collection (http://steeledge78.googlepages.com/misguitarras2) thu ...I don´t have any Jackson right now...but that´s gonna change soon.

A good friend of mine has offered me a Jackson Soloist Treasure Map Custom Shop, just like this one:http://www.synergyguitars.com/jackso...ap-soloist.htm (the features says "reverse headstock", thu it isn´t..) for a trade, and we´ve closed the deal.

I really like that guitar, all I know is she was ordered to the Jackson Custom Shop like 2 years ago and took like 1 year of waiting....I readed here http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=treasure+map (numer #65) that list price was $8000....did they really sold for that??? I don´t think so, I think the Treasure Map is a $3500/$4500 price range guitar....my friend bought her second hand (thu is MINT), and he paid something like that for her.

Do you know wich is the "street price" of this Soloist Treasure Map??? $8000 is ABSURD!!!!

Does anybody of you have a Soloist Treasure Map???

I´d like to know your impressions about sound, feel, etc, etc....

What do you guys think about this guitar????

Regards from Spain!!!!

Hi Rick...welcome to the board. I'm not familiar with that Soloist, but from the pics that you posted it looks like it was a guitar built for the NAMM tradeshow. $8000 list doesn't sound absurd, but generally someone buying a guitar from a retailer pays 40% less than list. Now, I might be wrong about that. There are a couple of guys here who are store owners and could shed some more light on the percentages. But don't trade $8000 worth of gear for that guitar.

Comment

Nice collection, but not even one Conde Hermanos?

Comment

The treasure map design is one of my top favorites. I recently inquired about getting one of my guitars done with that finish. I won't say what the price was, but it was up there. (and worth it in my opinion)

I think the 4000.00 price sounds about right. One day while just pokin' around the net, I asked a big time internet Jackson dealer how much a simple red snakeskin soloist ran, and it was up in the mid $5k, so I wouldn't be surprised if the treasure map is more than that.

Please post pics when you get it. I'm sure it'll be great. But, if it doesn't live up to your expectations, let me know.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
          Hi Rick...welcome to the board. I'm not familiar with that Soloist, but from the pics that you posted it looks like it was a guitar built for the NAMM tradeshow. $8000 list doesn't sound absurd, but generally someone buying a guitar from a retailer pays 40% less than list. Now, I might be wrong about that. There are a couple of guys here who are store owners and could shed some more light on the percentages. But don't trade $8000 worth of gear for that guitar.
          I think it was Custom Shop Ordered....the first owner is a big Jackson Dealer in Spain, ordered that guitar for him but sold to my friend later due to personal circumstances....and now my friend is trading it to me.

I´m not gonna trade $8000 worth of gear for the Treasure Map, I´m gonna trade like $4500 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post

The treasure map design is one of my top favorites. I recently inquired about getting one of my guitars done with that finish. I won't say what the price was, but it was up there. (and worth it in my opinion)

I think the 4000.00 price sounds about right. One day while just pokin' around the net, I asked a big time internet Jackson dealer how much a simple red snakeskin soloist ran, and it was up in the mid $5k, so I wouldn't be surprised if the treasure map is more than that.

Please post pics when you get it. I'm sure it'll be great. But, if it doesn't live up to your expectations, let me know.
            Due to the "good taste" of the original owner and some more info,I think $8000 was LIST PRICE, street price was like $5500/$6000, but being a Jackson dealer, he probably bought it for $4000.

Comment

Ola SteelEdge. It depends how badly you want the guitar but its probably worth 2000 Euros at most.
              I personally think its a great looking guitar but I wouldn't be parting with any more than that at this time. Your choice though.

May I ask what you are thinking of trading for it?
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                Ola SteelEdge. It depends how badly you want the guitar but its probably worth 2000 Euros at most.
                I personally think its a great looking guitar but I wouldn't be parting with any more than that at this time. Your choice though.

May I ask what you are thinking of trading for it?
                Hi buddy!!!

I totally trust the guy who is trading me the Jackson, good old friend.

He told me the original owner paid (even being a dealer) about $4500 for the guitar, wich was a very good price.

My friend got the guitar in a trade + some money, for overall the same price, so I figure out that he paid way more than 2500 Euros for the guitar, maybe 3000 Euros.

That´s what my Parker Fly Mojo, the guitar I´m trading the Jackson for, cost me, so I think it´s a good deal for both parts, I even got profit of the low price that the guitar originally cost to the dealer.

i think 2000 Euros for this guitar is not realistic, a simple soloist cost that, and this oneis a Custom Shop with graphics, so I think it´s moer in the 3000 Euros price range ( 4000/4500US$).

Do you guys agree with that???

Comment

$2000 is very cheap for a Jackson USA Custom Shop Soloist. Don't let those price quotes trick you, there's a bunch of tightwads on this board

Seriously, though, it's worth $2000 to someone who isn't blown away by the graphic, but it's worth $4500 to anyone willing to pay it and appreciates the design.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    $2000 is very cheap for a Jackson USA Custom Shop Soloist. Don't let those price quotes trick you, there's a bunch of tightwads on this board

Seriously, though, it's worth $2000 to someone who isn't blown away by the graphic, but it's worth $4500 to anyone willing to pay it and appreciates the design.
                    I think Mazrim meant 2000€, wich is like $3000....

Anyway, i think $4500 is a very good price on this guitar, noting the list prices of Jackson Custom Shop.

As I said, I totally TRUST this guy, he´s a kind, nice friend, was me who talked about trading the guitar first.

I just wanted to know the "street price" of the guitar, I know Price List is $8000, but wanted to know if anyone of you bought a similar one and for how much, just curiosity.

I´m very interested in knowing EVERYTHING about every guitar I buy or tarde, then put the story in my web ( http://steeledge78.googlepages.com/misguitarras2).BTW, I have to put my new Gibson LP Slash Murphy, Ibanez JS2PRM Chromeboy and Ibanez JSBDG Black Dog in my web, as well as my Custom O3 (check this out, an AMAZING guitar made custom for me : http://www.guitarrista.org/2008/foru...654271#p654271

I´ve found this russian web with pics of someguy with a Jackson Treasure Map : http://www.aria-fanclub.ru/modules.p...owpage&pid=101

Any more info about this beauty???

Anyone bought one and can tell what he paid for it???

Comment

A regular SL2H over here goes for around £750-£800 used and in good condition. Thats about 950-1000 Euros. A custom is obviously more unique and sought after (depending on the spec and finish) but the price shouldn't be more than double or anything like it.

Seriously, 2000 euros is a very good price if somebody was selling one and I wouldnt pay any more if I was buying one. 3000 Euros? No way. There's plenty of brand new Custom soloists on e*** (US, I know but still) that havent sold for less than that and they're new.
                      I got mine for considerably less than 2000 euros too.

Still, if you're happy to pay that its up to you. And if you're swapping a Parker Fly that's fair enough.
                      Last edited by Mazrim; 09-29-2009, 10:33 AM.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                      X