NGD Jackson CS King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuppermuhle View Post
    Wait... I'm confused. I thought the Custom Shop had a strict "no famous artist copies" policy?
    When I ordered it I heard about this policy quite a bit. Only thing I did was I made sure to spec it out very clearly and I didn't mention Mustaine, KV1, or anything like that on the order.

Submitted it, they said "sure". I can't imagine they didn't realize what it was based on while they were making it.

I think the bottom line is a King V with a silver paint job and Kahler bridge is not Mustaine's intellectual property. As long as they don't make a Y2KV or put his name on it, shouldn't be any legal hurdle.

Comment

Very cool guitar. Congrats.

Comment

That is sweet man. I am glad they finally got it right and drop shipped it to you. The color is badass.
        Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Originally posted by customshopkv1 View Post
          That is sweet man. I am glad they finally got it right and drop shipped it to you. The color is badass.
          Thanks!

I probably should have mentioned in my original post that the color on this one is Mercedes Silver. It's a little bit more "metallic" than Quicksilver.

The Mitch - if your guy doesn't get it right drop me a PM and I can give you the contact info for someone who will do it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Thanks!

I probably should have mentioned in my original post that the color on this one is Mercedes Silver. It's a little bit more "metallic" than Quicksilver.

The Mitch - if your guy doesn't get it right drop me a PM and I can give you the contact info for someone who will do it correctly.

Cool thanks,

the only problem is the Megadeth-Logo.
            I had a sticker custom made for me but the luthier figured that the sticker might be too thick = trouble with clear coat.

Now he found an airbrush artist who "hopefully" can do it right...
            Let's see

Comment

Is there a place to order those covers?
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                Is there a place to order those covers?
                Unfortunately, no. Not that I am aware of anyway. I managed to snag this one from eBay for about $30 with a J-50? Something like that, can't remember exactly.

Jackson no longer offers them. They said they searched high and low around the factory for one laying around but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  Unfortunately, no. Not that I am aware of anyway. I managed to snag this one from eBay for about $30 with a J-50? Something like that, can't remember exactly.

Jackson no longer offers them. They said they searched high and low around the factory for one laying around but no luck.
                  OH!!! I thought you meant the custom shop did it. I knew they werent making the pups anymore, and that the covers aren't available to the public, but I thought maybe the custom shop still made them. Why can't they though? Was it a fender thing?
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    OH!!! I thought you meant the custom shop did it. I knew they werent making the pups anymore, and that the covers aren't available to the public, but I thought maybe the custom shop still made them. Why can't they though? Was it a fender thing?
                    I don't know if it was a Fender thing necessarily. My guess is they probably figured since there's not much demand for them that it was foolish to continue to have them produced.

Comment

Happy NGD!
                      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Very cool axe! Love the color.

Comment

Love the old-school logo, and the no Custom Shop was the way to go. Congrats!

What was the issue that came up with the logo if you don't mind sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                            Love the old-school logo, and the no Custom Shop was the way to go. Congrats!

What was the issue that came up with the logo if you don't mind sharing?
                            The guitar was finished and sent out at the end of July. When the dealer received it, it looked like this...

So it had a white logo, but it was the current "Jackson" logo. They also didn't use the pickup cover I suppled or get a JB from Duncan without the logo on the front.

Back it went for them to fix these issues. I was told 3 week turn around. 3 weeks later they said they had the new logo on but the clear coat started to delaminate from the color during the buffing process. So it had to be redone. That took another 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X