Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90-95 Fusion with Warbird paint (no more) value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90-95 Fusion with Warbird paint (no more) value?

A friend of mine gave me his Fusion in pieces... I let him crash at my house for about 6 months rent free and he mentioned selling it and I offered to trade with my old Charvel 5a since I'd rather have something with more than just one pickup. Long story short when he moves out he says "hey, you still want that guitar?" and I say "yeah"... so he says "here" and gives it to me.

VERY awesome!

Here is the bad side. It's in pieces because he is a pacifist and did not like the paint (or electronics)... he stripped the warbird paint off and screwed up trying to stain it... I can fix that (just don't get to be to choosy when picking a stain or I have to go solid). He gutted the electronics and put in a Seymour Duncan humbucker and maybe a hot rails (no 3rd single but I'm gonna ask if maybe he misplaced it). This is all in a ziplock in the case as the guitar is not even together. No JE-1500

So... I want to tourture myself and him and know... how much WAS it worth with the warbird paint and original electronics (I can't find any online)... it was in decent condition... was a gig'd guitar so had usual dings and scratches but nothing major.

And what do you think it would be worth now... given putting it back together and having a WELL done paint job done on it. Having a full set of electronics (I'll have to get another single coil obviously if he doesn't have one).

Oh, and to add to all this... the serial number on the neck plate.... 000160

I had a hard time dumping my Bikini Beach Fusion for $800 shipped in January. Maybe someone would want a Warbird more, I would have - still didn't really gel with the guitar though.

Anyway - I wouldn't expect it to draw more than $800, unless you find some sucker - I mean fanatic who loves Fusions and Warbird graphics.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Well, this has no Warbird graphic any longer... as I said, my buddy gutted it and stripped the paint.

I was just wondering what it was worth, New, Used (if untouched) and now, after I get her back into shape... non-original hardware and paint.

almost 150 views and just one response?

Comment

Originally posted by GilliganRocks View Post
        almost 150 views and just one response?
        That should give you a good idea about how popular Fusions are.
        Blank yo!

Comment

Umm, you mean very because so many people looked at it so quickly or not many because no one replied?

Sorry, I know you thought you were being clear but for the non-jacksonite it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            That should give you a good idea about how popular Fusions are.
            bah, don't listen to the old curmudgeon

the Jackson San Dimas value thread has 1043 views & only 43 posts - doesn't mean they're not worth something.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Paid $750 for mine back in 2002. EMGS instead of the original pick-ups/JE-1500, but the paint is perfect. Thinking of asking for 1000. Thin fast neck, but the short scales feels a little odd on a Jackson.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I had to sell Fusion 000016 (with a pretty rare Reverse EDS graphic) a few months ago for 600€ + shipping, well under 800 bucks..

Comment

Originally posted by GilliganRocks View Post
                  Umm, you mean very because so many people looked at it so quickly or not many because no one replied?

Sorry, I know you thought you were being clear but for the non-jacksonite it isn't.
                  No, I mean USA Fusions are one of the least popular USA models ever. Honestly I don't know why.

This was mine - acquired from Remcarr and eventually traded:

Great guitar, I just never got down with the short scale strat thing and I could get it to sound the way I wanted it to sound. Beautiful guitar, though.

Anyway, you see USA Fusions posted for sale around $800 and they don't seem to move.

I would wager to say that you would not recover the cost of the new paintjob if you sold the guitar, since I think warbird graphics are pretty pricey - up to $1K - correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

TBH if the guitar is in pieces and you´re not sure if you want it I´d be interested, as I´m currently fusionless... with a pro refin you´d have a final value of maybe 600-700 bucks.... warbird graphics as stated wouldn´t raise the value significantly but only the costs, esp. because as a general rule "refinished is refinished" in the used market in the sense of "is worth less than stock paint" .
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

Yeah, I never intended on redoing the warbird paint... just curious about it's original value with it (just to tell my buddy what a dumbass he was for wrecking it ).

I'll either stain it and clear coat it, do a solid paint, or let the wife get creative is she wants... she's the artist.

Sorry Zerberus, I have no intentions of selling it... for one I've been wanting something with this pickup configuration and two that just isn't my style to sell a "gift".

Comment

The original list price was $1595.00 add 275.00 for reflex pickups .This came straight from the price guide "effective January 1991 " . There was no up charge for the graphic , as it was a stock production offering .
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Ugh how could anyone sand down a warbird?!?

Comment

Most of the USA Fusions have graphics that are extremely, shall we say, "of the era." That's what kills their value more than anything else. A solid metallic blue USA Fusion just went for over $1,000 on eBay recently. There are a bunch of us out here who love Fusions, but don't want the Poison/Warrant graphics.

A Warbird would probably be different, though. I've seen those command high prices on other models (haven't seen a Warbird Fusion before). Not that it does you any good now.

My advice is to get a professional-quality refinish done unless you have experience with that sort of thing. Cheapo guitars are great for experimenting with paint, but this guitar is a high-end instrument that deserves better, I think. Oddly enough, the guitar might be worth more with a really nice solid finish than it would with the graphic.

Comment

Working...
                            X