Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
    Rhoads do not have an upper bout for your gut to push on. SG's do and I loved mine but got rid of it for that reason.

Well it depends on how big your gut is!

Mine is fairly large currently, so all my guitars do this!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Well it depends on how big your gut is!

Mine is fairly large currently, so all my guitars do this!
      I on the hand am extremely skinny and lightweight
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

warrior

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          So is just one hand skinny and boney and the rest of you is fat?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Played a sl1h USA at the local jackson dealer it was the coolest color oculpoco gold not sure of the spelling. I played it acoustic only and it sounded good so it must be awesome plugged in, I fell in love until I saw the price tag and then I realized how I could live with out it. Bummer, but a good choice if you have the dough.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Well if you are keeping it USA select, I would recommend a soloist. Just keep in mind that the neck will not be unfinished/oiled like your Warriors. If unfinished is more important for you, you are essentially stuck with a bolt on model. (Dinky, PC1, Adrian Smith)
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Maybe it's because I've been GASing over it lately, but I'd recommend the Adrian Smith.

That, or you can never go wrong with a Soloist

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  So is just one hand skinny and boney and the rest of you is fat?
                  Nope, that was a typo.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Now now, I say "willowy and svelte, delicately sculpted from brittle ivory but deceptively robust and more than capable of taking a hell of a pounding." Don't you be getting all anorexic on me, I like something to grab hold of.

Erm, why not go on a tyre-kicking expedition to that there London? We could go together! Nice day out in Denmark St soiling brand new guitars, see that Abba show or something, then over to Soho for a few drinkies, before I carry your woozy body back to the Travel-lodge for....well, y'know, bed. End of November? I'll book it now.

Failing that, how about saving up a bit more wonga then hoofing over to America in the New Year and buy something?
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Now now, I say "willowy and svelte, delicately sculpted from brittle ivory but deceptively robust and more than capable of taking a hell of a pounding." Don't you be getting all anorexic on me, I like something to grab hold of.

Erm, why not go on a tyre-kicking expedition to that there London? We could go together! Nice day out in Denmark St soiling brand new guitars, see that Abba show or something, then over to Soho for a few drinkies, before I carry your woozy body back to the Travel-lodge for....well, y'know, bed. End of November? I'll book it now.

Failing that, how about saving up a bit more wonga then hoofing over to America in the New Year and buy something?
                      I'm sure you'll be crying when you turn up at the station to find you've been "stood up", the impatient coach driver boots you into the luggage compartment, and off you fuck on your own. Even better if that coach is off to the docks, dumping you in the sea. A shame the British waters are too cold for sharks. I'm happy for you to be mullered by miles of discarded hooks and fishing line instead. A much slower and painful death. Or, you could just stop behaving like an internet paedofile and do something more constructive with your pathetic existence.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Get a DK1. Great guitar, very comfortable, and you won't have to change a thing (already has EMGs).

P.S. I very recently got an RR24, and I have noticed that tilt away from the body, too. I never expected that. I'm getting used to it, though, and as a first-time V owner, I'm pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is to play, overall.

Comment

Wait it out and try to find a mid to late 80's SL1, especially if it has a pre-amp boost. Hands down one of the best guitars ever made. I'm not too impressed with the quality of build of the new USA line, including the Adrian Smith. Only production model that I think is decent is the PC1.

Comment

I'm sure you'll be crying when you turn up at the station to find you've been "stood up", the impatient coach driver boots you into the luggage compartment, and off you fuck on your own. Even better if that coach is off to the docks, dumping you in the sea. A shame the British waters are too cold for sharks. I'm happy for you to be mullered by miles of discarded hooks and fishing line instead. A much slower and painful death. Or, you could just stop behaving like an internet paedofile and do something more constructive with your pathetic existence.

I'll put you down as a "maybe" then.

As well as being my personal dream cupcake, you must be a salesman's dream (when you are actually flush with cash, rather than just tyre-kicking), you simply have to spunk that money don't you? Why is it burning a hole in your pocket so much before you have even got it (I know what you use that hole for, dirty boy)? I know you only asked for suggestions, and that's just fluff rather than asking a serious question, but have patience Glasshopper.

Wait until you have the bread in hand before saying all the used ones you are interested in are gone. What you mean is: "the ones that you couldn't afford right now have been selfishly sold by their owners". Buying anything secondhand at the moment is made much sweeter when you have a wad of readies in your hand, you can strike really good deals. Maybe at the end of November there will be something you really do want. (Don't worry honey, I know what you really want)

Now, Travel-lodge or Hotel Ibis? I think Ibis is kinda sleazy and sordid...........yep, that'll do for me.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Wilkinsi....other than the comedic attempts to get under your skin (they always make me chuckle ), Rsmacker is offering up some pretty good advice. If you have the cash, you've already waited this long......just hold onto it until the ONE comes along that you really want. No reason to throw your hard earned money at a new guitar just because you've got a whole bunch of cash. Buying on impulse SUX!!! I've done it too many times myself. Just wait until the guitar that is the end all be all guitar of guitars for you comes around. It might be new, it might be used but it is out there somewhere.

Oh and I would get separate rooms if I were you
                              Last edited by bombtek; 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM.
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Never gets old when Rsmacker pushes the wilkinsi buttons and gets the same result every time!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X