Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 with a dent on it.

Hey guys,

The last time I went to SouthPaw Guitars since I am a lefty, I practically fell in love with this ferrari red king v. I played it through a roland cube 60x which is very similar to my cube 20x and it was amazing. It was going for 2549.99 but then there was a dent on the bottom wing, close to the neck. Is it worth it to buy the guitar with a dent in it for its usual price, or should I ask for a discount?
    Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

For that money, it can't hurt to ask for some pricing relief for a noticeable dent.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by guambomb832 View Post
      Hey guys,

The last time I went to SouthPaw Guitars since I am a lefty, I practically fell in love with this ferrari red king v. I played it through a roland cube 60x which is very similar to my cube 20x and it was amazing. It was going for 2549.99 but then there was a dent on the bottom wing, close to the neck. Is it worth it to buy the guitar with a dent in it for its usual price, or should I ask for a discount?
      You should ask for discount even if it is perfect. Anything that can be considered a factory second, scratch/dent or blemished item should not sell for full price.
      2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
      2011 GMW tele project
      2010 GMW strat project
      2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
      2006 Peavey HP Special black
      2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
      2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
      1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
      1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
      Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

A dented guitar cannot be sold as new. Therefore it's used. If you want a used King V, check eBay. There's some on there for as low as $800, much better deal...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          A dented guitar cannot be sold as new. Therefore it's used. If you want a used King V, check eBay. There's some on there for as low as $800, much better deal...
          Yea but since I am a lefty, you don't see much lefty jackson king v's on ebay.

Comment

Ferrari red eh? I'm a Ferrari red king V guy myself. Pics pleeze. That would be a stiff price for a righty, but for a lefty, bah, I guess it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by guambomb832 View Post
              Yea but since I am a lefty, you don't see much lefty jackson king v's on ebay.
              Oh, well, string it up backwards!

Comment

what about the controls?

Comment

Umm no. Hendrix did it because there were no available lefty guitars, know since they make them, there is no need to do that anymore.

Comment

OK, go ahead and drop $2500 for it then and get it the way you want it.

Comment

I was a stupid kid at one time too and didn't learn the art of negotiating until later in life.

Comment

The only guitars you should pay full price for when being sold as "new" should still be in a box unopened. "New" guitars that hang on a wall in a store are USED the minute some idiot wannabe kid pulls it down to give it a whirl and show off at high volumes!

It's like a new car in a showroom, once the tires hit the pavement, it's now a used car!!

If you like it get it, BUT NOT AT THE PRICE ON THE PRICETAG! That dent should knock a couple bucks off the price for sure, if not, walk away.
                        Guitars:
                        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                        1988 Model 2,
                        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                        RR3
                        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                        2005 SG Special

Comment

I actually just came back from Southpaw. The KV2 is no 2200 and the dent is less noticeable then I thought it would be. But I fell in love with the white and black beveled rr1

Comment

I'd still haggle. That dent is gonna bug you knowing you paid that much. Offer them $1600 or walk.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                              The only guitars you should pay full price for when being sold as "new" should still be in a box unopened. "New" guitars that hang on a wall in a store are USED the minute some idiot wannabe kid pulls it down to give it a whirl and show off at high volumes!

It's like a new car in a showroom, once the tires hit the pavement, it's now a used car!!

If you like it get it, BUT NOT AT THE PRICE ON THE PRICETAG! That dent should knock a couple bucks off the price for sure, if not, walk away.
                              I completely agree with you man when i bought my Dean v the store owner took $200 off the list and it was still in the box brand spakin knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X