Newer style KV-2 Hardcase??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer style KV-2 Hardcase??

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of those 'less than massive' new V-shaped Jackson cases? Will it fit the KV-2? I believe they come with the Demmelition...

Either that, or maybe someone can help me find some folding table legs to attach to my old KV-2 case? I'm thinking it might make a decent picnic table.

Good question, I have an RR3 with the same case and would rather have one of the newer cases aswell. EDIT: I was just a zzsounds.com and samedaymusic.com they have them there for like $145.00. It gives the internal demensions on both sites.
    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 10-26-2009, 09:44 AM.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

LOL at the picnic table!

I kinda like the giant case, it really makes a statement when you walk in to a gig with one! Everyone goes "Whoa! WTF is in THERE?...ahh, a Jackson V - COOOOOL!"

Last year at MetalJam I walked onstage with my newly acquired RR-1JE (Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads), some dude practically ran up on stage to yell "I LOVE YOUR JACKSON!!"
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've had to many people ask me, (why the new keyboard) LOL which doesn't matter but I have a little car and a smaller case would be greatly appreciated.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I've seen them a lil cheaper on Sweetwater and Musician's Friend for $129.

I'm seriously thinking of grabbing one myself.

Anyone on here have one that can say what they think about em???

Comment

El and Toomanyj's, Thanks guys... I found it through zzsounds.com. It's kinda pricey, but looks worth it.

The large case does not have alot of contour to it. That massive flat expanse that is the top and bottom of the case does not look like it could resist a focused impact. Like say, the corner of an amp head falling onto it. The Dinky cases have deep ridges that add to the structural integrity of the case and also channel spilled beer nicely. This is what I want for my KV-2.

It is kinda cool to see peoples reactions to the gigantic fucking piano case. New Keyboard? LOL, ya that classic! You should see the looks you get when what you pull out is a KV-2 Pile-O-Skulls! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              LOL at the picnic table!

I kinda like the giant case, it really makes a statement when you walk in to a gig with one! Everyone goes "Whoa! WTF is in THERE?...ahh, a Jackson V - COOOOOL!"

Last year at MetalJam I walked onstage with my newly acquired RR-1JE (Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads), some dude practically ran up on stage to yell "I LOVE YOUR JACKSON!!"
              Couldn´t agree more, when you see some long haired dude clothed in black carrying a huge case with a Jackson badge, it just reeks of death and destruction

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                You sure he didn't say, "I love your johnson?"
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

LuaFcm,

Did you order it???
                  If so, let us know what you think when you get it.

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                  El and Toomanyj's, Thanks guys... I found it through zzsounds.com. It's kinda pricey, but looks worth it.

The large case does not have alot of contour to it. That massive flat expanse that is the top and bottom of the case does not look like it could resist a focused impact. Like say, the corner of an amp head falling onto it. The Dinky cases have deep ridges that add to the structural integrity of the case and also channel spilled beer nicely. This is what I want for my KV-2.

It is kinda cool to see peoples reactions to the gigantic fucking piano case. New Keyboard? LOL, ya that classic! You should see the looks you get when what you pull out is a KV-2 Pile-O-Skulls! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by El Mariachi View Post
                    LuaFcm,

Did you order it???
                    If so, let us know what you think when you get it.
                    Not yet, but will do.

Hey, is that the Three Amigo's in your avatar? HAhahaa! Fuckin classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                      Not yet, but will do.

Hey, is that the Three Amigo's in your avatar? HAhahaa! Fuckin classic!
                      It IS The Three Amigos!!! GOOD EYE!

WELP!

I pulled the trigger on one of the cases myself.

I should get it on Monday.

I'll post my findings and pics when I get it!

Comment

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2996101106 is this what everyone is talking about? looks cool..that's what I've wanted for years.

also I know a guy who has a gig bag that fits his RR3

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                          http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2996101106 is this what everyone is talking about? looks cool..that's what I've wanted for years.

also I know a guy who has a gig bag that fits his RR3
                          YEP!
                          That's it!

Comment

Jeezus h Christ, that case looks like a huge dildo, I wouldn´t be seen dead with that thing :ROTF:

IMO Jackson needs to bring back the Chainsaws, just more stable.
                            Last edited by Zerberus; 10-28-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing they don't stack well, either.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X