1984 RR-1 San Dimas Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 RR-1 San Dimas Factory

I bought this for $1,100 US dollars brand new in 1984. Does anyone know what these are worth now days? Mine is in very good condition, and it is snow white with black hardware. The only negative thing about it is the trem system is a Kahler.
    Last edited by Richman1; 10-28-2009, 11:25 AM.

Around the same on eBay I'm afraid :/. Maybe ~200$ if it's lower serial and in vg condition and you find a collector to pay that much for it.

Would like to see pics .

Comment

^^ Naz is more or less on the mark, actual specs and condition as well as the quality of the pics will be the final notches.

That said, the guitar you mentioned cannot exist, as the lettering scheme wasn´t introduced until the mid 90s. What you in reality have is either a Rhoads Student (unbound rosewood board and dot inlays) or a Rhoads Custom (Bound ebony board with sharkies)

So, where are the obligatory pics?
      Last edited by Zerberus; 10-27-2009, 04:32 PM. Reason: typo that changed the meaning a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
        ^^ Naz is more or less on the mark, actual specs and condition as well as the quality of the pics will be the final notches.

That said, the guitar you mentioned cannot exist, as the lettering scheme wasn´t introduced until the mid 90s. What you in reality have is either a Rhoads Student (unbound rosewood board and dot inlays) or a Rhoads Custom (Bound ebony board with sharkies)

No where are the obligatory pics?
        The serial # stamped in fretboard is RR 1094. You may be right about it being a Roads custom. It has binding and sharkies. I will post a picture soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Yep, it's not gonna sell for a lot. Check on eBay..there's usually one all the time up there. And the one with reserves/BINs at 1500$+ hardy ever sell.

If it had floyd, it could easily pull 2000$.

I have RR1474, also with Kahler, and it is one of the best sounding/playing guitar that I tried ever! But not worth much in this economy :/. But look at the bright side - you can easily get one for half less than brand new RR1. And I'm sure their time will come if you think in terms of an investment .

Comment

picspicspicspics

Comment

1984 Rhoads Custom. = the official model

As Zerbs said, the RRx designation wasn't til later. In fact, all USA Jacksons before
              1990 were considered "custom shop" as there weren't really any "production series"

So we better not see the thread title in your eBay ad!!

(I have RR0629 since 1987)
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I won't sell that guitar ever. They will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. That guitar has seen more action then I could even begin to describe. You know.. gigs,wives,studios, ect... I know Where are the pictures ? There coming as soon as I get a camera.. Thanx for your input.

Comment

Jeez how about a police sketch at least?!?

Comment

I managed to pick up that pink sparkle 1984 Rhoads RR0985 with original Floyd on eBay. Nobody really challenged me on it either. Kahlers are ok, and the vintage-ness of a Jackson can often offset the Kahler issue, especially if it's a Custom.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Welcome, Here is a pic of my 84. I've owned since new I still have the receipt and warranty card for it. I had the custom shop refinish it in 95-96.Serial # is RR05XX

One from back in the day. 1988
                      EJ
                      Last edited by ejpii; 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Nice Carvin 1/2 stack too!
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          Nice Carvin 1/2 stack too!

Thanks! I wish I still had it. I sold it about 10 or so years ago.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii View Post
                            Welcome, Here is a pic of my 84. I've owned since new I still have the receipt and warranty card for it. I had the custom shop refinish it in 95-96.Serial # is RR05XX

One from back in the day. 1988
                            EJ
                            Cool Pix! A purple Rhoads with a shot from the 80's
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I wonder if I should put the black pickup rings back on instead of the brass?????????

EJ

Comment

Working...
                              X