Genuine MAH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine MAH?

First, hello. Back online after a long break (no computer). I'm trying figure out if this is a real MAH, since all the ones I've seen don't come with the pearl nameplate or headstock inlay, just a black lettering brand name on the headstock. Here is a link to some pics, maybe one of you know a serial number search for newer year models than Jackson's website provides (though it is good to know my '92 USA Soloist is legit,since I'm hearing/reading about potential fakes). Surely every guitar player worries about paying for one thing and getting something else. Thanks for any help.

You're link isn't working for me. Is it this one?

That one's legit, and they're an authorized Jackson dealer, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Comment

Pics 6, 7, and 8 definitely show mahogany back. The hang-tag might be a good clue, too.

Cool guitar.

Comment

Yes, that is the one. Thanks for the quick reply. It's just that it has the pearl, whereas the ones on Jackson's website don't, which kinda threw me off. I was told by guitar center that these are a 6 month wait, and only available in a natural finish, so I feel lucky to find one. They also have a quilt-top MAH for sale, here's a link.

Comment

Just a side note question, are they still based in Fort Worth, or did they move when Fender got hold of them?

Comment

I prefer the quilted version
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by LuvMAHSoloist View Post
              I was told by guitar center...
              There's your first mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvMAHSoloist View Post
                Just a side note question, are they still based in Fort Worth, or did they move when Fender got hold of them?
                That was mainly a corporate office in Ft. Worth, and JC corporate is now in Scottsdale AZ. Factory (production) moved to the Fender complex in Corona, CA in 2003.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X