Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• action set up jackson hss usa

Hi guys.
    I'm trying to find a thread regarding the action set up but I didn't find it...
    I want to know,if possible, what is the best action setup for my jackson dinky hss (made in usa), 22 frets, in particular the difference between the first and the last chord. I don't know if u need additional informations about my guitar, tell me..
    thank you

"what is the best action setup for my jackson..." Well for starters, different people like the action(height of the strings) higher or lower than other people. I think most Jackson-ists prefer it to be as low as possible without buzzing though.

"in particular the difference between the first and the last chord" I do not understand...Feel free to expound.

If your looking to find out how to adjust the action... Is your bridge a floyd rose?
    Last edited by Justin P; 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM.

Comment

yes i have tremolo floyd rose bridge.
      i mean: u adjust the action considering the first string and the 6th string..do u level the action with the same height..or there is a difference?

Comment

As Justin states, it is a really personal thing. I am in the camp that Justin refers to: ...as low as humanly possible without buzz. To achieve that, I have the Floyd a smidge higher on the low E side in order to avoid buzzing.

If you were planning on playing with a slide, usually you'd want your action moderately high in order to avoid fretting out.

In the end, you want it set up to compliment YOUR playing style while avoiding buzz, being properly intonated, and being in tune.
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
        X