Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number

Does anyone know how to look up a serial number for Jackson guitars made after 2001?

I've looked, but can't find anything. Jackson's site only gives the info up to 2001.

Help...

Post it here.
    There are a few guys that have been keeping track of them.
    -Rick

Comment

Bolt on?

If so, you could take the neck off. It might be in the neck pocket. It was on my DK1 (2002.)

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Post it here.
        There are a few guys that have been keeping track of them.
        Hi Rick

I have a few with serial numbers starting with U. Some I have the build card (or whatever it is) that has the serial number, build date, finish, etc.

Do you know if Jackson/Fender uses some kind of system for their serial numbers; i.e. a couple digits represent the year and a couple of others for the month?

Thanks

Comment

There is no system to reading the numbers. They just run the numbers sequentially.
          They simply started from U00001 and kept going up.

The "U" just means it's a regular production neck thru guitar.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            There is no system to reading the numbers. They just run the numbers sequentially.
            They simply started from U00001 and kept going up.

The "U" just means it's a regular production neck thru guitar.
            So, is there anywhere to go that has a table that gives;

year || start # || end #

for the years since 2001?

Comment

Nope.
              Not anywhere official anyway.
              Jackson stopped tracking them on their site and FMIC never bothered to maintain the list... at least not publicly anyway.

There are a few guys here who have lists they created to try and fill the gap. Nothing "official", but they can tell you the year your guitar was built.
              -Rick

Comment

Like pullin' teeth with this guy!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Like pullin' teeth with this guy!
                  Yup.

Just post the serial already... you don't have anything to worry about unless the fiddle is stolen.
                  -Rick

Comment

Here's the tooth - U18714

I still can't believe that there isn't somewhere to go that gives this info in a table. How does a dealer find out what year a guitar is? I'm sure they don't come here.

Comment

Based on my unofficial records, your Jackson was made in March 2007.

Can you post a pic or let me know the model and color/graphic so I can add it to my list? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        Based on my unofficial records, your Jackson was made in March 2007.

Can you post a pic or let me know the model and color/graphic so I can add it to my list? Thanks.
                        Thanks for the info.

Here you go;

Just noticed some smudges above the volume knob - you want a better pic or is that good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                          Here's the tooth - U18714

I still can't believe that there isn't somewhere to go that gives this info in a table. How does a dealer find out what year a guitar is? I'm sure they don't come here.
                          If a dealer really wanted to know the info, they could simply call JCMI customer service and give them the serial number.
                          -Rick

Comment

But I agree with you, FFurter, Jackson should really update that list!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                              Thanks for the info.

Here you go;

Just noticed some smudges above the volume knob - you want a better pic or is that good enough?
                              Thanks! Very cool graveyard. I have an SL2H with that graphic. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X