Help me Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Decide

I just sold my EBMM Axis. It used to be my #1 but I never played it anymore, my charvel's just get too much attention. In it's place I'm thinking about getting a Jackson but need help deciding on what model.

I've played the RR1 and like it a lot, I might very well go that route.
    I found a WR1 at a good price. I've never played one. Does it compare in feel or sound to a RR1? Does the King V come without a speed neck (I like a little meat on my necks, nothing Ibanez thin for my tastes)?

Also, is there any website to look where I could find Pre-Fender Jackson's? I played a 93' maple boarded soloist once and loved it.

also, Has anyone swapped the Super 3 out of a PC1 for a JB? Does it still sound good.

Finally, if I bought a CS model. Specs similar to a RR1, but with a Birdseye Maple fingerboard 24 fret neck, a Pizeo PU under the floyd, Glow in the dark finish- How much would it set me back? Any ideas?

As far as other guitars that might sway me away from Jackson, I'm looking at Andersons, ESP Gus g. and Caparisons. Never played the Caparison.

If I could get some answers it would be appreciated. Thanks dudes.

What's this WR1 you found? Got a link?

I've never played an RR1. I was contemplating one myself, but that balance issue I found on my ex-RR24 really put me off, and the only RR1's I've seen in the UK are chipped to fuck.

Only a dealer will quote you on a CS Jackson.

I won't play anything other than a Jackson so I can't comment on the other makes you mention.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      I've played the RR1 and like it a lot, I might very well go that route.
      I found a WR1 at a good price. I've never played one. Does it compare in feel or sound to a RR1? Does the King V come without a speed neck (I like a little meat on my necks, nothing Ibanez thin for my tastes)?
      The "speed neck" is not Ibanez thin. The speed neck is also still thicker than a Dinky neck. It's on the thinner side, but still has some meat to it, not too thin, but comfortable. And, no, the KV is not available with another profile unless you go Custom Shop.

Edit: Actually, according to the catalog specs, the KE2 and the WR1 have the same size neck profile as the KV2.

I've never played the WR1 but have played the older USA and Professional Warriors, and they're pretty comfortable. I've owned two RR1Ts (still have one) and really enjoy them, and their necks are not that much thicker than the KV2.
      Hell, if you want a beefier neck on a Jackson, go for the PC1. Or if you can live with a Japanese model, go for the Mark Morton Dominion... its neck is even thicker than the PC1, but still very comfortable.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I owned an Ibanez Prestige and thought it sucked even though the neck was quality. I own a custom Jackson SL2H, a Charvel SoCal and a custom Peavey HP Special which is my top guitar - better than the Music Man and the Jackson/Charvels. I've tried a number of other guitars out there and they basically all sucked for one reason or another. Also, I just bought a new Peavey 6505 112 combo. I'm looking forward to hearing that baby since I understand it rocks.

A friend of mine just bought a PC1 and loves it. You'd be nuts to throw a JB in there IMO. Keep it stock.
        Last edited by RockinJim; 11-19-2009, 02:32 PM.
        2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
        2011 GMW tele project
        2010 GMW strat project
        2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
        2006 Peavey HP Special black
        2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
        2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
        1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
        1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
        Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Look at a KE2, the necks are great! I also love the neck on my RR5 and my Demmel King V.

Comment

Working...
          X