Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Angel Guitar owners, I have a few questions for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Angel Guitar owners, I have a few questions for you.

Is the guitar well balanced or does it need some weights added to it?

Does it hang forward while playing as well (top of the body leans forward like an explorer sometimes can)?

I've seen a lot of them with non-recessed floyds or no trems. Can a recessed floyd rose tremelo be added to this particular body shape going through the custom shop?

Do most of you have a scalloped heel and/or an archtop on your Death Angels?

I have a Jackson warrior that I really like and was wondering if the Death Angels play the same or simular to a warrior.

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

I don't think it has a problem with nosedives, they put a "butt plug" in it to fix that problem. Rob mentions it around 3:10

Chris Cannella chats with Jackson about his history with Jackson Guitars and the path to his Custom Shop Signature Model, the Death Angel!SUBSCRIBE NOW: http...

Comment

The "butt plug" was added for nosedives, but the reality is that only the 2009 NAMM Rob signature guitars (black or white with tear inlays) have that feature so far. Correct me if I am wrong of course. I think the majority of the ones out there do not have the plug, and if you order one, you will have to make sure to specify you want that. They will do pretty much whatever you want feature wise as long as you got the cash . I have never played one, a bit too extreme for my taste, but they look pretty sweet.
      My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

It could be that only the signature models have the plug. I checked the Jackson web site and I didn't find any information about that model there. I don't know if anyone here owns a DA. Maybe they can chime in.

Comment

I saw the green archtop in the gallery that looked really cool. I've heard that they have changed a little from the original ones as well so I might need to find someone with an early version DA and get the measurements.

Comment

That's mine in the gallery, to answer your question it doesn't nosedive at all. Its very well balanced. I was a bit suprised. I think the heavier neck on mine may have helped with that. What measurements did you need?

Comment

da

very well balanced, my only beef is the sg type horn. it restricts some fret access. i have also owned and loved a couple warriors and my da is the best ax i've ever owned...
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

I never played a DA other than mine but when I ordered mine I remember paul saying much the same as he just said. So I got the scalloped heel/horn option. The slight scallop on the horn helps with the fret access problem and I think since mine was an archtop it helped in a way as well. Its the best guitar I have ever played on though. And I think its body shape makes it very well suited to playing it while seated. One thing to keep in mind. Even with a scallop, the horn still doesn't carve as far down into the body as say a soloist does. I have a 750xl and there is no question the fret access on that is slightly better even if the guitar itself isn't quite as comfortable to play on.

Comment

I read somewhere that the current DA shape that the Custom Shop uses is slightly different than the originals made for Rob Cavestany. Might want to ask about that if you get close to ordering.

You can also try and send a PM to Paulbag. He had one a few years ago, but don't know if he still has it.

Comment

Working...
                  X