help making a decision on buying a warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help making a decision on buying a warrior

my only USA Jackson right now is a sl1. i don't play it in fear of dinging it so i just stick to my 80 import charvels which play just like USAs to me. and i have 5 of them. so i am really not desperate for another guitar but i have a friend who can get deals on brand new USAs. i am going to get a little bit of cash to play with. it would either be getting another import charvel or the USA warrior in gun metal grey. lets just say the deal is well worth it on the USA. how well balanced are they? do they nose dive when you have them straped on? are there any other things that stand out to anybody about warriors?
    Last edited by djford; 11-27-2009, 01:37 AM.
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

Warriors are great guitars. Well balanced, comfortable to play sitting or standing. But if you're not playing your SL1 for fear of hurting it, wouldn't you be even more concerned about knocking the long points of a Warrior?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      Warriors are great guitars. Well balanced, comfortable to play sitting or standing. But if you're not playing your SL1 for fear of hurting it, wouldn't you be even more concerned about knocking the long points of a Warrior?
      Good point, VG.
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

One thing you should be aware of is that Warriors do not fit the body like the Soloist/Dinky styles do. They sit a bit differently, which means your picking hand may end up in a position you're not comfy with.

I personally prefer the Warrior over the SL/DK/Strat body, just for the way it sits (it's more comfy for me as my fretting hand is closer to me).
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I havent noticed any difference playing my Warrior compared to my other guitars. Not that there isnt a difference, I just havent noticed.

Warriors are superbly balanced and play beautifully. If you're worried about dinging a guitar its probably not for you. It has more points than a compass. I havent put so much as a pick swirl in mine though.

Just one problem with it, the stock Invader bridge pick up is garbage. I put a BKP Painkiller in mine and it had a new lease of life. A wonderful sounding axe and one of the best necks on any guitar I've played.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

The WR1 is perfectly balanced, unlike, say, the KE2. However, the thing to watch out for is the volume knob placement. I had to do the ol' volume/tone/swap/pull trick on mine to keep my hand from hitting it.

Comment

Jackson Warriors don't have balance/neckdive issues. The forward strap pin is placed on the side of the upper front horn rather than behind it/the back of the body, so it's facing down the neck like on an SL or DK body. I don't have problems hitting the volume knob below the bridge pickup either, though I pick/strum between the 2 pickups anyway.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

thanks for all the replies still need to think about it.
                2009 black sl1 usa
                Burgundy mist model 3
                black model 1 emg
                black model 3 h/s/s
                2005 pointy charvel
                2009 black rr1

Comment

Don't think about it too much, or you'll end up with something sensible like a Soloist. Warriors are for renegades, mavericks, and anarchists.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Don't think about it too much, or you'll end up with something sensible like a Soloist. Warriors are for renegades, mavericks, and anarchists.
                    and serial killers. Don't leave us out, man.
                    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

well said boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                        and serial killers. Don't leave us out, man.
                        Of course, yes! Hell, they even make blood drip Warriors to cator to serial killer wannabes!

Comment

well i am for sure a killer! just trying to justifi the cost and how much it would be played.like i said my import charvels are killers to,i know its a big gap between the two still needing a few more pros and cons.o and when dose the addiction stop!!!
                          or should i just get a amp?? bogner/engl
                          2009 black sl1 usa
                          Burgundy mist model 3
                          black model 1 emg
                          black model 3 h/s/s
                          2005 pointy charvel
                          2009 black rr1

Comment

Quit tirekicking. Buy a USA Warrior. Now. Or buy one and give it to me.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The warrior is a great metal guitar. It's my favorite jackson body shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X