• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the work you put into looks likes its paying off....amazing

Comment

Beautiful! Nice work.

Comment

Very nice, I like the green web on the headstock!

Comment

Cool! Does that glow in the dark?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Cool! Does that glow in the dark?
            Nah, it's just regular "neon green" paint. That would have been cool though!

Comment

Ah, bummer!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I found a widget company that makes these black plastic hole plugs. They fit nicely!

The bad thing is I had to order 50 in various sizes to meet their minimum order requirements. PM me with your address and hole size if you want one.

Comment

How do you feel about the P-Rails?
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    How do you feel about the P-Rails?
                    OK all I have to play through right now is a G-DEC and I suck at amp/pickup reviews, but I'll try my best. I'll say that it's pretty touchy. I've kind of been going up and down with the height trying to solve problems. I'm not a strat guy AT ALL, and I'm not a Gibson guy either, so I can't really compare it to that shit (in fact I've never even played a P-90 before). The P-90 mode is the star of the show here. In fact, I was first fooled by it and thought I was in humbucker mode...it's that full sounding. Yet, it has a bit of airiness to it. I think it does the heavy funk rhythm think really well, and with a bit more gain you can chunk out on it. When I switch to humbucker mode from there, there is no volume change. That's good and bad I guess, but I'd prefer a small boost. This mode gets a little boomy and a little dark sounding, but with a nasty bit more gain. There is a sort of scooped voicing that you get, kind of like vowel/wah sounds as you go from low registers to high registers. There is a piercing, singing high end that you get. I'm not crazy about that wah effect and am trying to tweak it out a bit. My ebony board might contribute to the darkness. The rail mode is a decent clean sound, not too much to say about that. I'll say that I can do a rough imitation of a lot of different sounds with this one guitar.

Comment

very cool project!! How did you get the trem parts so nice and spiffy??

Spend so time on that P rails and maybe even check over at the Duncan forum to see if maybe a diff pot may do the trick. they are great pickups from everything Ive heard. Clips and word of mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        very cool project!! How did you get the trem parts so nice and spiffy??
                        It's not difficult, just tedious. You have to completely disassemble it, then scrub everything down with a stiff cleaning brush, Q-tips, and WD-40. Often there is some drama with missing or ruined parts, and those have to be replaced. Then, you get to put everything together.

Comment

Working...
                        X