Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP I.D. 85-86 San Dimas Jackson model ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP I.D. 85-86 San Dimas Jackson model ??

I always lusted after an early San Dimas Jackson---Finally got my wish. First off I'm a Drummer but I've always thought Charvels & Jacksons were killer sounding and feeling guitars, unfortunatley I'm not to savvy on all the models that were made. I picked up my Jackson in a pawn shop in Northern C.A. Serial #4166 San Dimas name plate. It's a bolt on neck so I was a little skeptical of it's authenticity---- I bought it anyways Its red but don't know color code It has H-S-S config with 3 mini switches Vol & tone With Push/pull. The H is a j-80 written in red pen it says 2L and the 2 singles are model 3 neck position all pickups have a silver sticker Jackson USA. The fret board is either rosewood or ebony. Tremelo is An early Kahler pat applied for. In the neck pocket tremelo cavity and the body cavity have matching work order # of 7544. also on the heal of the neck it says OBD (oiled black decal??) I think. also has KF or RF on the neck heal. The body cavity has some other writting VBM KAF and the date 8/27 or 21/86 also someones initials or it may just say SD Not sure what they are??? it looks like it was written fast. The tremelo cavity has a small red circle stamp with the letters HB over a 3????. Iwould like to post some pictures but I'm not sure how to do that on this site. If you can help me post pictures I would like to, It would make I.D. easier.

Any helpful info would be greatly APPRICIATED
    Thanks The SLOTH
    Last edited by TIRAID SLOTH GOD; 12-01-2009, 01:07 AM.

POst your pics up to something like photobucket. They will give you and IMG link - looks like "[IMG]jkshjfkjshgkjhs[IMG]"

Copy that and paste it into your post here and then we'll be able to see your pics.

Sounds like a legit Jackson strat, HSS with a Kahler. Someone else will have to comment on the San Dimas vs. Ontario as it might be a transition model - i.e. built in Ontario (California) with a San Dimas neck plate.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

1505 was the last Jackson bolt-on built in the San Dimas facility, so that's definitely an Ontario.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Photo bucket I will try--------------- I know the Time line The parts and pieces SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! San Dimas seee The pics when I get them posted I'm thinking this guitar is Posible Dinky------Soloist high brid If there is such a thing Me no Know But want too.. Thanks The Sloth

Comment

Originally posted by TIRAID SLOTH GOD View Post
          I'm thinking this guitar is Posible Dinky------Soloist high brid If there is such a thing
          A Soloist is neck-thru construction. You said it's bolt-on, so it's either a Strat or Dinky body (Dinky is 7/8" the size of a full-size Strat).
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X