Custom Soloist pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Soloist pickups

Hello,I have never posted but enjoy all the info listed. I am considering ordering a custom Soloist and am in the process of narrowing down all the details.Alder body, neck through, Floyd bridge.Humbucker bridge,single coil neck. Somewhat normal construction. This needs to be a dual purpose guitar.Heavy metal passive humbucker and a slightly hot,great sounding blues single coil. I'm leaning on a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge.When it comes to a "jack of all trades" blues single coil, I am lost. I am learning the guitar over in some slight respects. My stock mid and neck single coils in my DK2 are ok. A little dull to me,but ok. They are Duncan STK-1's I believe.I am up for any suggestions. Thanks alot. Man there are some beautiful Jacksons/Charvels on here.

seymour duncan ssl1...wonderful bluesy single coil...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

An awesome blusey single is a Lindy Fralin blues special.
      Nice clear articulate single coil pick up.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's close but I'm going to come down on the ssl-1 side for this one. But you can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

D.M. , your tunes are tremendous. Electric and acoustic. I'm digging it. Masters Slave Unmastered, wow....what kind of setup are you running guitar wise? Its so heavy yet very clear,if that makes any sense.The transitions are just plain awesome. Thanks to all for any comments,appreciate the input. Cheers.

Comment

If your going for the nailbomb bridge why not try one of their singles...

I must say im super impressed with the lil screamin demon granted it's a single sized hum but it does clean bluesy drive and high gain leads well, and also sounds pretty good split...

Worst case scenario you dont like it and get a true single instead

Comment

Ozzuk1, have you ever heard or tried the Irish Tour single coil?

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                Ozzuk1, have you ever heard or tried the Irish Tour single coil?
                Friend had a set and from what I remember sounded pretty good, worst case scenario you try it like it or dont, sell it and get adifferent pickup...

Maybe soemhting like sinner would better match the nailbomb though...

Email tim with what you are looking for tonally, he really knows which pickups will work best for you...

Comment

umm...i used different guitars for a lot of the tracks...but almost always have a duncan custom in my guitar...i also use a bartolini passive in my soloist...the amp is an ampeg ss140c...solid state...effects are an ips 33b for delays...everything was micced with a shure sm 58 (to pick up room reflections because i like them)...that's about it really...i prefer rosewood or ebony boards and always have a floyd rose on my guitars as i knock anything with a stop tail piece out of tune...

glad you liked the tunes and the tones...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sinner? Its hot as hell. More out put than nearly any other humbucker you can think of.
                    Not what I'd use for Blues and you'll get lots of feedback from it.

An Irish tour is a good suggestion. If you can get one, I've always been very impressed with a DiMarzio Blue velvet too.
                    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Were in the quote haggling mode. Trying to make sure I am covering my bases.SL1 neck contour versus speed neck ....same width,just thinner profile. ???

Comment

Ok,found out about the neck profiles doing a search (duh).Tim at Bareknuckle has been outstanding.Great suggestions and replies.Leaning hard on his stuff.Although a friend is bringing over a Soloist with a ssl1 in the neck today to play with.Looking forward to some fun and get educated a bit,if thats really possible.Thanks again for the suggestions.

Comment

Ok,I've been waiting for almost 6 weeks for a final quote. I changed a couple minor things before x-mas. Still waiting from the custom shop dealer handling it. It's not a real highly modified Soloist. Is this normal to wait so frickin' long? I was told by a local dealer who gave up his custom shop designation that this is why he stopped ordering them.Am I just an impatient ass?

Comment

Maybe, it takes a while but its a custom guitar and well worth the wait.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

how about a SD cool rails/ vintage rails... great for blues
                              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X