Finally got a usa, need som info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a usa, need som info.

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me get some specs on my new guitar, the serial is RR2471 so i guess it is from 1989
    found it in very good condition, i payed 920$ and live in sweden so i hope i did'nt overpay? here are some pictures.

Unique paintjob!

That price sounds fine to me, but I'm not well-versed in the USA models.
    Scott

Comment

I'd say (depending on the market) it would go between $1200 and $1500 here in the states. Might take an auction or two to hit that, market is fickle.

So yeah, I'd say you got a good price.

Comment

ok, thanks.
        got any tip where i can look to find som specs for my guitar, kind of wood and so on.
        any suggestion on pickups i play mostly metal/thrash

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I'd say (depending on the market) it would go between $1200 and $1500 here in the states. Might take an auction or two to hit that, market is fickle.

So yeah, I'd say you got a good price.
          That high? I'd say 900 - 1200. Not everybody would be into that graphic.
          So for Europe, that was a good price.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            That high? I'd say 900 - 1200. Not everybody would be into that graphic.
            So for Europe, that was a good price.
            I qualified my amount by saying you'd have to have a few auctions to find a buyer interested in that specific graphic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumas View Post
              ok, thanks.
              got any tip where i can look to find som specs for my guitar, kind of wood and so on.
              any suggestion on pickups i play mostly metal/thrash
              Yep, it's made of wood.

Pickups? You need an amp, not pickups.

Start messing with it and I'll knock a couple of hundred bucks off of what I quoted

Comment

I think you did well. The graphic would not have put me off at that price.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is a very unique graphic. Any signs it might be a refin?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    The fins look factory to me. :think:

I don't know how much $920 is in Sweden, but if it's like $920 in the US I'd say you got a decent deal. I'm not keen on the graphic, but, I don't really like graphics and it's not my guitar. Plus, it's not nearly as awful as japanese clown vomit or the cock dragon, so if it's in good shape and all I'd say you got yourself a pretty kick-ass guitar, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      Plus, it's not nearly as awful as the cock dragon
                      The cock dragon is a piece of JCF history!
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        The fins look factory to me. :think:
                        Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          looks like original, can't find anything that tells me different.

Comment

to be honest i would choose a guitar without graphics everyday in the weak, but when i checked here in sweden what was available at the time i could'nt find any better guitar in my price range, and the feel of the guitar comes before the looks for me. and it feels just fine, but i don't like the pickups, i guess i will try duncan jb, had in in my old rr3 and it sounded good in there.

Comment

For a USA Jackson that's an excellent price on the European market! Congrats on the new guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X