Hey you vintage Jackson gurus-I need help IDing a vintage San Dimas Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey you vintage Jackson gurus-I need help IDing a vintage San Dimas Strat

Hello. I own a Jackson I believe to be circa 1986 from the San Dimas factory. I'm trying to find out more info on it. First off, it has the brass neckplate without a serial number. I suspect maybe it was an employee project or a prototype. I have good pics including the work order number on the body and neck (so I know it's not a fake). I'm trying to figure out how to post the pics. Any input would be helpful...Thanks

Originally posted by bcguitars View Post
    Hello. I own a Jackson I believe to be circa 1986 from the San Dimas factory. I'm trying to find out more info on it. First off, it has the brass neckplate without a serial number. I suspect maybe it was an employee project or a prototype. I have good pics including the work order number on the body and neck (so I know it's not a fake). I'm trying to figure out how to post the pics. Any input would be helpful...Thanks
    Open an account at Photobucket. Upload the images. Copy the IMG and paste here.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yeah, without a serial number or pics, it's tough to advise...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Here are the pics

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ackson%20pics/

Comment

Here's his pics.

Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Definitely looks like an 86 body & neck, but missing the neckplate.

Originally it would have had a "San Dimas" nexplate with serial # in the range 1000-1505

Comment

Looks good, i'm sure somebody just robbed the plate, doubt it's an employee project.i don't think it would have work order #s if it was an employee project, would it?
              Last edited by jacksonaxes; 12-10-2009, 09:39 PM.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

That's where I'm puzzled. I could understand it missing the neckplate that had the serial, but the one on there is definitely an original Jackson blank. It even has that black plastic spacer. I've owned this guitar for 15 years and the guy I got it from was a Jackson dealer (out of business now unfortunately). So, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it's the original one. Is there any way to track the work order number?
                Last edited by bcguitars; 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Kick ass! Good luck tracking that WO number, though...

Comment

Killer guitar! That isn't the first one that I've seen from that era with a blank neck plate. There was a red sparkle Jackson strat with the same blank plate. I'm convinced that some did leave the factory with those blank neck plates, but I have no idea why.

Comment

Working...
                    X