Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson "Blood Swirl" Custom Shop

Hey Fellas!

Anybody here familiar with this short run of Custom Shops?
    As in neck specs or when and why they were made???

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...st_Review.aspx

Thanks in advance!

No specific knowledge, but I can tell you that I have absolutely no idea why those were made
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I remember those. There was a thread around here somewhere about them a year or more back, maybe the ebay section.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All I know is that they look pretty damn cool, although I don't really like the "bloody" part(s). I would've prefered them to have regular fin and logo personally.

Anyways, I have heard they made 9 of these, and I believe the body and neck are standard soloist (alder w/maple) though I could be wrong on that.

I love that silver swirl finish, but even more than the bloody fins, I dislike the seperate battery compartment just for the kill button!
        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
          I love that silver swirl finish, but even more than the bloody fins, I dislike the seperate battery compartment just for the kill button!
          Huh? The kill switch doesn't run on a battery. And where do you see a pic with a battery compartment?

Comment

This is the site of a collector I have met who has one of these:
            http://jimslick.com/Guitars/JacksonBloodySharkFin.htm

There is a battery compartment, and maybe you are right Joe, maybe the battery isn't for it, but not sure what else it would be for.
            My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Hmm, maybe it came with EMGs originally? I'm stumped.

Comment

Nah I have seen a few sell and they all have duncans...yeah I don't get it either haha

Comment

Does that kill switch light up? Maybe that is what the battery is for? Some led or something in the switch.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                    Does that kill switch light up? Maybe that is what the battery is for? Some led or something in the switch.
                    Good call

Comment

Yea I figured it had to have something to do with the switch....what a great reason to cut a seperate battery box right?

Comment

Oh, yeah, I forgot some of those switches light up. Still no need to really route for a battery box with Jackson's huge control cavity route...

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback fellas!

Comment

Working...
                          X