Help w/my Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/my Jackson

I don't know how to post pictures, or I would to better explain this guitar. I bought this off of ebay prob 7 years ago. When it was advertised, it said nothing about the autograph on the back of the headstock, i was just looking for an 80's Jackson. It is autographed by Grover Jackson on the back of the headstock with a number 52. It has a San Dimas neck plate with a serial number of 4441. The paint is what I would call a metallic charcoal. It has H/S/S, volume, no tone, 5-way selector switch. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel....

what do you need help with?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I was just curious if it was a limited run or special model, just any info about it.

Comment

Pics are always valuable.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

here are some pics

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]">

">

Comment

Doesn't look very special to me.

Run of the mill dinky. No ebony, not bound, no MOP sharkies.

$500 at most I'd say.

Comment

Around 1988 there was a whole run of Jackson Dinkys signed by Grover. Most of them I've seen have had the orange crackle finish and an H/S pickup layout, but otherwise were basically the same as yours. Does yours have a Floyd-style locking nut or a behind-the-nut string lock? If it's the latter, then it originally came with a JT-6 trem, which was swapped for an Original Floyd Rose at some point.

Grover's signature hasn't done much to increase the value of those '88 Dinkys I've seen, so $500 is probably about right, maybe a little more if it's in really good condition.

Of course, it's also possible that the neck and body weren't originally from the same guitar.
              Last edited by pro-fusion; 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

What's the ser # ?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  What's the ser # ?
                  It's in his original post. 4441
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    What's the ser # ?
                    From the first post:
                    Originally posted by darnoc View Post
                    It has a San Dimas neck plate with a serial number of 4441.
                    :facepalm:

Comment

Mea culpa!

Comment

Thanks for the input, Jacksonites! It did have a rusted, abused Jackson trem on it, the knife edges were "chipped out", so I put the Floyd on it. It plays great, does have some paint dings here and there, typ neck joint crack and headstock tip chip, but it's a player. I also have a Charvel Model 88, the neck shapes are very similar, except the Jackson neck is unfinished.......oooohhhh yeah! I gotta say that my fav is my honeyburst '95 Sam Dimas III reissue. Thanks again!

Comment

Model 88!

Uh, sorry but...

...of that 88.

Comment

ok, ok, here's the Model 88

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
                            [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/IMG]

Comment

and here's the '95 San Dimas

">

Comment

Working...
                              X