This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Series Custom Shop USA Warrior?

What's the story behind this awesome guitar?

I was under the impression the X Series was an import; this one is made in the USA. It states Custom Shop in the advert, but it's not on the headstock, which is kinda surprising...especially for the asking price.

Was this just a short series of USA made guitars in this flat tone style with reverse headstocks? Most of my searches are turning up the import line. Can anyone give me the 411 on these?...I think this guitar just looks amazing. I'm not really an EMG guy, but who knows?...maybe this will be the one that makes me reconsider! Thanks.

im not a warrior guy but i like that. never seen it.
    DK2 EERIE DESS
    KE3 CUSTOM
    KELLY PROFESSIONAL
    KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
    RR3 PRO
    BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
    KRAMER VOYAGER
    LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
    TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Looks like a warrior with a truss rod cover with "x" on it. nothing special to me...
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

They just called it "X" because of the EMG-X pickups. Talked about here...
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are limited runs basically promoting the EMG-X pickups. They have made several of each body style (not sure how many of each) all matte black with silver bevels if it has bevels. The necks are all unfinished and they all have sterling silver inlays instead of regular MOP. I think that they are pretty nice looking, but like most Jackson guitars with EMGs, they all have the seperate battery box in addition to the big ass control cavity, which is a bad idea in my opinion.

The EMG-X pickups sound pretty damn good by the way
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

This one's going to come back and bite them in the ass. I can see it now.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
              I think that they are pretty nice looking, but like most Jackson guitars with EMGs, they all have the seperate battery box in addition to the big ass control cavity, which is a bad idea in my opinion.

The EMG-X pickups sound pretty damn good by the way

Actually the Warrior still has the San Dimas-style control cavity. But theere's enough room for a battery in those as well.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Can we lock this thread?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X