Custom Shop NAMM SLS again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop NAMM SLS again

Well, it's official, I cannot stand EMGs. Started off with an 81/85 set in this guitar, then changed to an 85/89 set, but EMGs just sound too different from anything else for me to keep them, so I took a JB and a 59B and made a matched set of hybrids:

NOW this guitar sounds like it should!
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

You seem to have an extra couple of holes there Matt
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I was gonna say those invisible knobs and pots are cool. Are they from Stew-mac?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I stole your inlays...
        USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
        USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

That's like the soloist version of RD's V
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Well, it's official, I cannot stand EMGs. Started off with an 81/85 set in this guitar, then changed to an 85/89 set, but EMGs just sound too different from anything else for me to keep them, so I took a JB and a 59B and made a matched set of hybrids:

NOW this guitar sounds like it should!
            Errrm Matt,
            Wasn't it you that stated his hatred of the JB pickup? Is your dislike of the EMG's (I'm with ya on them) just that much more to warrant you using another pickup you don't like?
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Actually the 59 coil adds what the JB doesn't have - balls.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

OK that makes sense. Have you ever thought about using some of the old USA Jackson p/u's from the 80's in some of these swaps? Jackson really hit the nail on the head with those things. I should grab em as I see them come up on the bay ....which happens pretty often.
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I did make a humbucker out of two Jackson singles (the J100s with the visible poles). Sounded nice, but was kinda weak.

If I can dissect a couple of J200s I have (epoxy sealed) I'd like to make a humbucker out of those.

Actually I've got 2 Jackson buckers - a JH-1 and JH-2 (which I just broke trying to strip the wires to meter it ). The JH-1 is marked 10.8 on the factory sticker but it meters 12.75k, which is what these hybrids read. Hmmmm.

Comment

I like those hollow inlays. One of those holes is begging for a killswitch and in the other one you should find some way to make it a flower vase

Comment

nah ...I was refering to the ones used in the Charvel "Model" series fuitars. The J-50, J-80, J90, and all such derivitives n such.

Comment

Man, that guitar is so beautiful. Which one are you using in the bridge position? I don't particularly like the TB-4 (in some guitars it sounds okay or some pickups do), but I quite like the SH-4 in the neck position of my KV2.

Comment

Sweet looking guitar. How do you like those pickup rings? Also have you tried the brobucker?

Comment

Ah, now I get your comment about matched set of hybrids. Never mind my question then...

Comment

glad you happier with the guitar bro...if it now sounds as good as it looks than it must be a true treat to play.
                              My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Working...
                              X