Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's using boutique pickups in your USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laura View Post
    Very dynamic and clear. I love EMG 85's and I think they have a bit more low end and chunk but Solutions sound fantastic and I really enjoy having dynamics again. Definitely similar to a cross between an 81 and an 85 but very different as well.
    Well that sounds perfect to me. Not worried about bass, as Kellys are a bit bass heavy anyway.

Have you or anyone else used the Nuke or Hellbaby? I'm already planning a set of MCP's for another guitar and am wondering if it would be worth trying one of the other 2 hi output pickups.
    Jackson USA guitars
    BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
    Diezel VH4
    Framus Cobra
    VHT UL
    Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
    Mesa MK3
    Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
      Well that sounds perfect to me. Not worried about bass, as Kellys are a bit bass heavy anyway.

Have you or anyone else used the Nuke or Hellbaby? I'm already planning a set of MCP's for another guitar and am wondering if it would be worth trying one of the other 2 hi output pickups.
      I have read great things about the Hell Baby over on HCAF. I am thinking a about putting one in my pile-o-skulls dinky.

www.valvequeen.com
      www.myspace.com/foolscrown

Comment

I've got a couple of guitars w/ Anderson H2+'s in them. They are BY FAR my favorite pickup. Excellent high output, with just the right amount of mids. Didn't work in my LP, but every other guitar I have them in sounds awesome.

I put together a Strat mutt a few years ago w/ Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots. I am completely happy with them, but will admit that I didn't have a lot of experience with single coil p'ups at the time. They are great though. Sound excellent with a bit of gain, which it what I was going for. By far the most I've spent for a set of pickups, but well worth it.

All that said, most of my guitars have either Dimarzios or Duncans...

-Kenn

Comment

I have a Guitarforce Erupter in my Soloist. I wanted tone over volume/gain, and this one certainly does the job. Plenty of body but nice and clear, no mud.

Comment

Working...
          X