Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb in need of help

Hi all!

New(b) here - and just got a new baby recently. But I can't find info on her so I'm hoping you guys can help. Here is the pic:

She is in pretty good shape - only a few nicks here and there. Has a Floyd Rose and a coil tap. Outside of the few flaws, it sounds awesome and the fretboard is smoooooth and fast. (or at least as fast as I go...)

Also, I just took off the neck last night and even though the body and neck match (numbers look like 5664) the plate on back doesn't seem to match (2799) even though it does say San Dimas - does that mean it's a fake?

The signature below the neck (on the body) looks something like:
    Heinrich Guttierrez (sp?) 1/10/89

So the dating looks right to me regarding the numbers on the inside, but I don't know about the neck plate.

Also, what is this graphic called? (My wife calls it margarita vomit...)

Thanks for any help!! Now I just have to learn enough Dokken to be able to play it publicly!
    Last edited by WannabeNnyc; 12-28-2009, 09:31 PM.
    "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

the numbers on the body & neck relate to the build and usually won't match the actual serial number. No problems there.

I believe the finish is called Rainbow Crackle, although that one looks more open than most crackles. I like your wife's name for it better
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice! Looks like an Ontario Dinky Strat with a JT-590 trem.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the fast replies!

I've not really been able to find pics of it online but I didn't know what the finish was called either.

So is the JT-590 tremolo a type of Floyd Rose? (sorry for the ignorance)

But yeah, the dating puts it in Ontario as far as I can tell.

Comment

the JT-590 is a very good bridge , its german made by schaller .

Comment

Anyone else know what the graphic is called??

I looked around for "Rainbow crackle" but what I found looked more for Charvels, and/or looked like it didn't fit exactly. But I'll keep looking!

Comment

I don't think that was a standard finish, but Rainbow Crackle sounds about right.

Comment

It's a rainbow crackle, but different than the typical one I've seen on Fusion Deluxe models.

Comment

Working...
                X