Thinking of a custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a custom

Well, not really a custom, just a little bit..
    How much do you think they would charge me for a kv2 in candy apple red?

Also, if i chose to have no inlays on it, there would be no upcharge for that, right?

And most important of all, would there be ay longer waiting time compared to a regular king v? Should i just keep the inlays and get it quicker?
    Tell me about it!

Pot luck from what I've been reading. I was quoted 6 months for a WR1, some lucky fuck here got his custom 7-string V in just 4 instead of 12.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If you order one without inlays, I believe it will have to be a custom. They make exceptions once in a while when it comes to strictly the finish of a standard US, so if candy apple red isn't already on the list of available options, they may be able to do that for you on a standard KV2. Best bet would be to contact someone at Jackson and see what they can do for you.

If you can get the color in a standard order KV2, it will still take a few months to get it, but you won't be stuck with a 1 year or so wait like with MOST custom shop orders, and really most importantly, it won't cost you the CS price.
      My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
        If you order one without inlays, I believe it will have to be a custom. They make exceptions once in a while when it comes to strictly the finish of a standard US, so if candy apple red isn't already on the list of available options, they may be able to do that for you on a standard KV2. Best bet would be to contact someone at Jackson and see what they can do for you.

If you can get the color in a standard order KV2, it will still take a few months to get it, but you won't be stuck with a 1 year or so wait like with MOST custom shop orders, and really most importantly, it won't cost you the CS price.
        Good luck. I wanted a KV2 with just a different color option and they wouldn't do it unless I paid custom price. I talked to two dealers and a guy at Jackson.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I ordered a USA Select KE2 in Trans red the first of August. They approved the color, and the dealer told me he expected it by mid to late October. It didn't come then because of a "problem" with the finish. Jackson has since contacted me and offered to do some things (and has followed through) to try to rectify the situation, and now I'm supposed to get it the first week of February. We'll see what happens then, lol. Talked to the dealer yesterday and he told me he has two meetings scheduled with Jackson at NAMM to discuss the situation. He's very upset about it and he told me he raised a big stink about it. I want a KE2 (and have wanted one since the mid-80's after seeing Rough Cutt) and I've about reached the point where if I can't get the Trans red, I'd consider taking another color, lol. I just think that if your policy is to agree to do any discontinued color on a current USA model, it shouldn't take this long to get a USA. I love Jacksons and will continue to buy them, though. The waiting continues.

Comment

I remember a thread where McD had mentioned that for color changes like that they had reduced the CS upcharge.

It would still be considered a CS guitar, but, may not be a walletbreaker.

It may be cheaper to buy a stock model and have it refined though.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              I remember a thread where McD had mentioned that for color changes like that they had reduced the CS upcharge.

It would still be considered a CS guitar, but, may not be a walletbreaker.

It may be cheaper to buy a stock model and have it refined though.

I think that was old. I seem to remember it too. But I had gone back and forth with a dude at Jackson in several emails last March or so and he told me they simply would not do it and if I wanted it done I had to get a custom shop one ordered and pay custom shop prices. It pissed me off so much that I seriously considered not getting another Jackson. Especially since they used to offer it on the KV but discontinued it, yet still have it on SL3 (IIRC).
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I believe it was around Dec. 2007, a few months after being denied a nebula kelly.

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
                I want a KE2 (and have wanted one since the mid-80's after seeing Rough Cutt)
                I'm the other guy that wanted a Kelly after seeing Rough Cutt. Everyone else mentions Marty. If it arrives by the current ETA you'll beat me by a week and I didn't get my custom finish request Then again there was just a 4 month CS turn around

Comment

Working...
                X